BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Im hoping for some help as im a novice when it comes to sound settings although i love my hip hop bass lines so here goes...

I have a 318ci with an alpine CDA-9853R headunit, amp and punch 12" inch sub woofer, im trying to set the 5 band equaliser and was hoping for some tips on nice settings...no engineer jargon though as i have read lots of website info and nothing is going in??
Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
7,494 Posts
check blue nile for some nice settings

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Sorry what/who is blue nile??

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Bimmer App
Google it.

Then - just use the presets.

Custom audio settings are for audiophiles. Audiophiles dont have to ask how to set the eq. Therefore, you are not an audiophile and dont need custom eq settings.

Is that one of those post hoc ergo propter hoc type things?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont claim to be but doesnt mean i cant appreciate good sound...

Anyone have something helpful to say please?

·
Registered
418 Posts
A 5 band eq shouldn't be too complex. Most audiophiles have 18 band EQs and larger. I would say mess with it until things sound good. Everyone has their own personal preference with sound. I personally like a shallow v type setting with my EQ's, with the high frequencies pumped louder than the lower frequencies. Be careful not to go too shallow with the mids. Then again, this is my preference and works well with the type of music I listen to - Rock.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Google it.

Then - just use the presets.

Custom audio settings are for audiophiles. Audiophiles dont have to ask how to set the eq. Therefore, you are not an audiophile and dont need custom eq settings.

Is that one of those post hoc ergo propter hoc type things?
Even audiophiles discuss how to set up an EQ. Im not really sure where your going with this post...

A 5 band eq shouldn't be too complex. Most audiophiles have 18 band EQs and larger. I would say mess with it until things sound good. Everyone has their own personal preference with sound. I personally like a shallow v type setting with my EQ's, with the high frequencies pumped louder than the lower frequencies. Be careful not to go too shallow with the mids. Then again, this is my preference and works well with the type of music I listen to - Rock.
+1

I dont claim to be but doesnt mean i cant appreciate good sound...

Anyone have something helpful to say please?
Ill help you set up your EQ to the way that you think sounds best with your music and speaker setup.

1. Turn on car and radio.
2. Put on one of your favorite songs
3. Go to set up the EQ
4. Play with it untill you think it sounds good.

Seriously, if you think it sounds good then what does it matter what anybody else says?

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
220 Posts
A 5 band is a little more than your 2 or 3 band (bass-mid-treble) on your standard car radio, play with it till you get it right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts