BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
12,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BMW 4 series sticker shock - $5000 premium over sedan

When the 2 door variant of the F30 3 Series arrives next year it will be branded a 4 series. Not only does this align the 3 and 4 series naming to the 5 and 6 series, it also allows BMW to move the 4 series coupe up market. MotorTrend is pegging the price premium over the sedan at $5,000.

With the new naming system, BMW could charge a greater premium for the new cars. Currently, a BMW 328i coupe starts about $2300 more than the 328i sedan, but that gap could grow to nearly $5000 when the new 4 Series models arrive, a pricing structure that would mimic that of the Audi A4 sedan and A5 coupe. The Gran Coupe could potentially add another $4500 to the price of the coupe, while the retractable-hardtop convertible – a car that’s said to have a more compact folding mechanism – could add the difference once more.
That is a big jump in pricing for the 3 series coupe from the E92 to the F32. The F30Driver Project 328i was just under 50 grand, meaning an equally optioned coupe could be in the 55 thousand plus price range! What are your thoughts on a $55,000+ 4 series coupe?

·
'a certain moderator'
38,139 Posts
I think 4er is a mistake, but the pricing makes sense. Good thing coupes are for young fellas, and I am an old man now :lmao:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts