BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a reputable NY area shop that does work on differentials? I would buy the ring and pinion set along with the installation kit and take it to a good shop to have them rebuild my differential. If anyone in the NY area has changed their gearing please help me out. Thank you, looking forward to hearing about your experiences.

2002 M3 Vert SMG.

·
Registered
945 Posts
WHere in NY are you from? I have a couple guys I know (there not BMW indy shops) but they all own race cars and I have trusted them with all my BMW's. Fair price and good people.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,189 Posts
go to tkx performance in long island

they know bmw very well and i know for a fact that the mech. their have done that kind of job alot on the bmw cars.... this shop is a speed shop they work on race cars and m/b and the itlian sport cars... and they are need the long island railroad to let you know....i live in bklyn and i take my car their my self.....
bobm3 :woot::woot:

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Definitely take it to TKX in Huntington Station.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh ok, thanks. I live on Staten Island now. But I used to go to school at Stony Brook so I know that area. So if I go to TKX and bring them just the ring and pinion they would be able to change the gears in my differential? I hope it will be easier and less expensive than sending my differential in and getting a rebuilt one from one the vendors.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Oh ok, thanks. I live on Staten Island now. But I used to go to school at Stony Brook so I know that area. So if I go to TKX and bring them just the ring and pinion they would be able to change the gears in my differential? I hope it will be easier and less expensive than sending my differential in and getting a rebuilt one from one the vendors.
call [email protected] Performance, 1-631-424-3640

·
Registered
54 Posts
Dude TKX over at Huntington. Ask for Taso, he's the shop owner. Great guy and Great Shop. Its about an hour drive from where I live but its so worth it. Thats the only place I take my M3 to get any work done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts