BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the numbers with the A/C off and the Sport button on.
1st------------35mph
2nd-----------60mph
3rd------------90mph
4th------------125mph
5th------------155mph
6th------------It kept on going, when I shifted to 6th the rpm's were at about 4000.

Someone asked the rpm's in 6th @80mph, 3500rpm's.

Regards,
PUR M3

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,844 Posts
:yikes:

is this the differential from dinan ?

·
Big in Japan
1,359 Posts
How is the SMG handling the differential; any check lights or issues when it downshifts? Some people have said there were issues, others not; you appear to be the first to have it done.

VERY good news if this works flawlessly for SMG owners!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, this is BMW Motorsports.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The SMG has no problems, this works awsome. It's like having a race car. The 4.10 diff is flawless.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,151 Posts
you sold me on the 411's

now you have to try your car at the track 1/4 mile one hehehe.
and please post time and mph
please.
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Would you be kind enough to post your source and price of the diff. and the cost of the installation. I have an '03 cab and have been strongly considering the 3.91. If the 4.10 works as flawlessly as you describe I see very little point even considering the 3.91 any longer.

What is the disadvantage of going with the 4.10? 80MPH and 3500rpm dosen't seem that different from the stock diff.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Awesome, and now it's something to consider. Let us know your track times!

I only have a few questions,

how is the gas mileage w/ the new diff?

Any weird noises or grinding?

·
927 Posts
Hmm.. what is the 1/4 miles times? I think 4.10 diff is overkill maybe. Why not the 3.91?

Don't like the idea to shift to third @60mph..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do not worry about that just keep on shifting, after I posted the numbers I called the guy who did the install and he told me that in 6th I should make it to 170-175mph. Just keep on shifting...

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Man...I would imagine the price to be expensive. When I was at Dinan, they were trying to make that their LSD 3.91 is on limited production and they had one in stock since the previous customer that ordered it backed out. They quoted me $3500 for parts and labor.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You have PM.

·
Registered
52 Posts
mattman said:
Hmm.. what is the 1/4 miles times? I think 4.10 diff is overkill maybe. Why not the 3.91?

Don't like the idea to shift to third @60mph..
Thats when the stock 2nd gear tops out anyways right? When I shift into 3rd its always at 60 mph or above.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Chubbyasian said:

Thats when the stock 2nd gear tops out anyways right? When I shift into 3rd its always at 60 mph or above.
Do you always wind your car out that much? Hell, on the street I'll be cruising in 4th at 45. Or do you drive by yourself like that?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No. this is the price you pay for performance, at the beginning it was kind of weird. But know I am use to it. As I said before top end is about 175mph to 180mph.

Regards,
PUR M3

·
Crazy Boy
1,368 Posts
PUR M3 said:
No. this is the price you pay for performance, at the beginning it was kind of weird. But know I am use to it. As I said before top end is about 175mph to 180mph.

Regards,
PUR M3
where did you get this? Price?

im interested :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts