BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The De46vil's Army
16,346 Posts
take a look at the e36 prices, not exactly cheap considering 98 and older, i have no worries of the 4-series creating a big hit at all. BMW is BMW.

·
1,303 Posts
Isn't the 4 series going to have the next M3 coupe so the 2 door will be M4? I would think that would kind of piss off current M3 owners. I'd like to hear their opinions...

·
Lying, drunken cheat
4,326 Posts
Perhaps, but keep in mind that the 1 series (should they decide to make it...I've heard nothing on it for a while now) will be pushing the 3 series upmarket. I don't think it will really have any effect.

Also, I was under the impression that BMW would NOT be changing the naming system (coupes will remain 3 series, etc)?

·
Registered
126 Posts
akhbhaat
On Auto spies and in other publications the 1 series is being introduced next year sometime, with a 2.5 and 3.0 liter motor. It may hurt the 325I and CI since the 3.0 should be faster and less expensive.

·
.--. . -. .. ...
4,690 Posts
Wait, so all 3 series coupes will be 4 series and 3 series sedans will just be 3 series?

Coupe=4 series
Sedan=3 series

Right?

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Here are the answers!

BMW will be splitting the 3-series into two different categories. The sedan will be the new 3-series, and the 3-series coupe will become the 4-series. So, that means that the M3 will MOST LIKELY be called the M4, but - that means the possibility of the re-appearance of the SEDAN M-car......ohhh man....so the E46 M3 will be a 2 door but the new M3 will be four...

That could get confusing though, maybe BMW will switch it around so the M3 stays the coupe.....

·
Registered
290 Posts
cowmoo32 said:
Wait, so all 3 series coupes will be 4 series and 3 series sedans will just be 3 series?

Coupe=4 series
Sedan=3 series

Right?
Probably. It's not definite I believe.

·
Registered
393 Posts
It is correct. Read it in Roundel. They 1 series is coming and it will have the i6 in it.

Smaller and lighter coupe: 230
Damn that would be a fast car. Kind of pisses me off.
I would think the 2 series would get 4 bangers.

·
Registered
290 Posts
dan330 said:
It is correct. Read it in Roundel.
Roundel is by no means authoritative. They do their fair share of speculation.

Besides, at the moment the rumors have swayed to the other side, that BMW marketing thinks adding a 4 series would be too confusing. We may not know for sure until the car actually comes out!

·
Bahn Burnah
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
now, as I understand it, BMW is supposedly going to make the differemces between coupe and sedan more prominent. With the coupe getting more standard features, and going more upmarket, in luxury/sport and of course price. I haven't heard of an M3 sedan, but I have read that BMW is going to offer a sedan with roughly a little over 300hp. (I'm searching for article, whe I find I'll post) Basically it would be the new performance package? But it remains to be seen what they will call the new M3/4 because they don;t want to abandon the heritage associated with that name

1 - 16 of 16 Posts