BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, i just sold my m3 vert yesterday since my family is growing in size. i need to buy a sedan. i would like it to be fun to drive, have lots of power and be reliable.

currently i am looking at a 550i m sport, cls55, e63 and e60 m5.

anyone have any other ideas?

only requirements are $35k or less with decent amount of mileage and nothing too old...id like something no more than 5 years old.

thanks

btw: by new i mean new to me, not brand new.

·
Registered
512 Posts
My father has an e63, and man that car goes. Its very luxurious and classy, the ride is fairly compliant, but as soon as you change the suspension settings and get on it, that thing turns into a rocket. :evil:

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that m3 sedan is the only one for that price and its still out of my price range. its also kinda on the small size. i think i would prefer a bit more room.

·
Registered
580 Posts
E60 m5.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
not too sure you are going to find those cars in that price range with low miles. You want something family friendly that's reliable, get an accord and put the extra 7gs towards an e36m3 and track it.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
not too sure you are going to find those cars in that price range with low miles. You want something family friendly that's reliable, get an accord and put the extra 7gs towards an e36m3 and track it.
How dare you suggest he buy something low class like a Honda.

·
Registered
712 Posts
What's wrong with a honda accord V6 with premium package?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Bimmer

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What's wrong with a honda accord V6 with premium package?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Bimmer
It's neither fun to drive and it doesn't have a lit of power like I stated I was looking for.

E60 m5 would be fun I think but I heard they get horrible gas mileage, obviously with the type of cars I'm looking at gas mileage isn't going to be the best but I'd like it to be somewhat decent, aren't m5's getting like around 12 mpg on average?

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I'm willing to bet you'd have an easier time finding an E60 M5 for less than 35k than a 550i M Sport. And the M5 you find for the price wont be the one you want. . . Get a 535i sport and call it a day!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts