BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Nice video. I am no driving expert so I have a question. When they are going into the turns and they are braking, they have the balls of their feet pressing down the brake pedal but at the same time they are pushing the gas with the heels of their feet for half a second. What's that accomplish?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drex said:
Nice video. I am no driving expert so I have a question. When they are going into the turns and they are braking, they have the balls of their feet pressing down the brake pedal but at the same time they are pushing the gas with the heels of their feet for half a second. What's that accomplish?
Matching the revs for downshifts, makes for a must smoother ride, it that is what you have to do to be one of the faster drivers!

·
Registered
169 Posts
roadracer516 said:

Matching the revs for downshifts, makes for a must smoother ride, it that is what you have to do to be one of the faster drivers!
Oh ok, had a feeling that's what it was...I do that when I am downshifting to first gear when already moving (just revving, not braking/gas at same time).

·
Registered
133 Posts
Best motoring always give fake result, those drivers don't push the car to the limit and come out with the result of what they want. I rather stick with Hot Version

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
if you look at the end results, it did say the M3 had the fastest lap time. Remember.. the M3 started in the back.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Wher can you get a copy in the US?

Where can you get a copy of this English version? And is there a website that has a lot of Best Motoring/TopGeat videos for download?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Re: Wher can you get a copy in the US?

bimmer said:
Where can you get a copy of this English version? And is there a website that has a lot of Best Motoring/TopGeat videos for download?
yea, I'd like to know also, where do you guys find these videos?
I had to go to tons of china town vcd stores just to find 1 or 2 of their vcd's....:banghead:

·
Registered
250 Posts
I hate this video, it's so biased. The Skyline is supposed to be the "camera car" yet we don't really see any footage from it. In reality, it was just an excuse to put a "let's block all the other cars so we can make our Japanese car look superior." And if you listen to the m3, he's not even pushing it. Give me a break.

·
Protect Me From What I Want
1,220 Posts
Re: Wher can you get a copy in the US?

bimmer said:
http://www.racingflix.com/browsevideos.asp

You can find alot of Best Motoring, TogGear and 5thGear vids under Road tests and Road racing. Register to download (free), pay for fast download, otherwise it's 3kbs...

And try Kazaa

·
Registered
647 Posts
This is a friggin joke. I think this video downright sucks.

First, they take cars that don't compete price-wise, which is fine, but if they're gonna do it, they may as well grab a Boxster-S. They themselves give a Price of 5.5 Million Yen for the Boxster, but the M3 is 8 Million Yen.

Secondly, the GT-R Is in there for no reason other than to get in the way of all the cars excpet the 350Z, which is supposed to win.

Thirdly, the guy driving the M3 either isn't trying or he isn't a good driver, if you watch what the other guys are doing, it seems that he's always braking too early and too hard.

Many magazines display a bias, but this is just ridiculous IMHO.

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
122 Posts
JFV?

this should go on Japanese Funniest Videos because:
(1) GT-R serves no purpose besides blocking the other cars behind the Z
(2) Boxster driver seems more interested in pimping his car than racing
(3) M3 driver says repeatedly that he could speed up and catch the Z, but never does (braking?!)
(4) S2000 makes one wrong move that looked fake, my granny could drive better

IMO, the M3 would have won easily if this was a "real" race:lmao:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sure, there was a bit of a bias there. I love the S2K & all, but you mean to tell me that the M3 had that much trouble catching/passing the S2, then even more trouble pulling away & catching the 350Z??? That's just not realistic, anyone and everyone knows that both of those cars would have their gearboxes handed to them on a silver platter by the M3. The only point of realism that I did see was the R34 running away, & that Boxster running caboose, (his race was done before he even revved his engine). But all in all, still a rather entertaining video. Anytime I can see some of my favourite sports coupes go head to head it's worth a look, even if it is slightly inaccurate.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts