BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im really looking into getting a 335xi. I like the idea of the 4wd but i was wondering if performance is going to suffer compared to the 335i rwd. I know the ride height on the xi is higher so the first thing i would do would be to drop it on kw that would take care of that. Besides that is there anything else visible to the xi that is different than a rwd i.? Also for performance is there a decrease in performance b/c the car is 4wd?
let me know guys....

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
It may be a little more sluggish...like, very little. Or it may just be quicker at launching cause of the awd. but overall I doubt it's gonna be a big difference.
probably not even sluggish.

I heard the new x-drive system feels like RWD on dry roads! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope you guys are right. i hope it will help off the line, and not be sluggish. Wasent the 330xi like .5 slower? i dont think it will be like this with the new xdrive that is like rwd on dry..
i wanted to see what you local guys thought.

And i put another post in the other bmw section of this forum to see what i can get. Also checked e90post.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I hope you guys are right. i hope it will help off the line, and not be sluggish. Wasent the 330xi like .5 slower? i dont think it will be like this with the new xdrive that is like rwd on dry..
i wanted to see what you local guys thought.

And i put another post in the other bmw section of this forum to see what i can get. Also checked e90post.
well, with the new X-drive you can finally run a stag. wheel setup on a xi! :thumbsup:

my coming e60 has a stag setup!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds like you're more worried about performance than winter-awd handling so why don't you just go for the 335i.......................................:hmm:
My parents are all about me being safe and think that the xi is the greatest thing around and that rwd is unsafe. i made a whole post about this a week or two ago trying to convince them.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wish i could just get a 335i. But im sure the xi does have some benefits. launches quicker. idk wat else snow stuff...
I just dont want it to be slower than a non xi

Gas isnt too bad its only 1mpg different.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol well either way its a 335, and it's still gonna be way faster than most average cars so just do it.
If i can pull it off id deff do it. I think as of right now its the smarter choice over an 04/05 m3. PLus i can AA or Dinan it and itl be a beast with all wheel drive. The first thing tho is a drop for me that wheel gap is a killer. Bisides that i really dont see it being any slower... Are there official BMW numbers out anywhere? 0-60 etc. I hoping its either the same or faster, i doubt faster :rofl:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OKguys just got my answer in the bmw brochure.....

335i rated at 5.3 man. 5.5 auto.
335xi rated at 5.2 man. 5.3. auto.

So according to that it is faster, even though it weighs like 200 lbs more.

And as i heard the numbers posted by bmw are slow compared to what mags. and other people are actually running. So all in all i think th xi is in fact faster idk how im guess the awd helps it get off the line.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.