BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I definitely need 4 doors, a 6 speed, and performance. I was all set to order my zhp and my wife says: why are getting the same car all over again? There are certainly some transmission changes, performance upgrades, and subtle front bumper improvements with the zhp, but now I'm not sure what to get; because all of the other models listed are pretty much brand new.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Those are all great cars to choose from. I know you're looking for opinions, so here is mine:

I'd get the cars in the following order-

545i
C32
330ZHP
S4
G35 (assuming you're refering to the sedan)

Those choices are considering styling and power. They are all good cars, but the G35 sedan does nothing at all for me. The 545i is bad ass. The C32 is a healthy 2nd choice because it's also bad ass, and w/ a nice interior. The 330 ZHP is nice as well. The S4 does nothing for me at all, despite having healthy power.

·
Registered
274 Posts
what're your priorities?

if you like the statement "accelerated so fast I could barely keep my hands on the steering wheel..." then get the C32. if you want lots of great performance with more road-feel and a nicer interior, get the S4. if you want a power-cruiser, get the 545. the others i wouldn't even consider.

looks, power, and prestige, the C32 wins.

the 545 is really hit or miss--the active steering is awesome but the looks are very questionable and performance is amply powered, but somehow unsporty--it's a boat. if you like cruising and comfort with a big engine, get this car.

the S4...are you talking 2004? if so, i would choose this without a doubt, with the C32 coming in second. i mean the S4 is what every member of this board must (in some way) wish he/she had purchased (the old version i'm not referring to). people try to mod their E46's and still can't even match the stock performance (in any category) of the S4, let alone a modded one. everyone admits the interior is better, so the only thing missing is possibly exterior looks (only by a slight margin) and the name (BMW is onstentatious)

i can't even believe you're considering a ZHP in this line-up. it loses in every single category.

the G35 (sedan)'s only redeeming quality is that it's so ugly.

with price as no consideration, S4, then C32, then 545. otherwise, it gets a bit tougher.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Re: what're your priorities?

JetBlack330xi said:
if you like the statement "accelerated so fast I could barely keep my hands on the steering wheel..." then get the C32. if you want lots of great performance with more road-feel and a nicer interior, get the S4. if you want a power-cruiser, get the 545. the others i wouldn't even consider.

looks, power, and prestige, the C32 wins.

the 545 is really hit or miss--the active steering is awesome but the looks are very questionable and performance is amply powered, but somehow unsporty--it's a boat. if you like cruising and comfort with a big engine, get this car.

the S4...are you talking 2004? if so, i would choose this without a doubt, with the C32 coming in second. i mean the S4 is what every member of this board must (in some way) wish he/she had purchased (the old version i'm not referring to). people try to mod their E46's and still can't even match the stock performance (in any category) of the S4, let alone a modded one. everyone admits the interior is better, so the only thing missing is possibly exterior looks (only by a slight margin) and the name (BMW is onstentatious)

i can't even believe you're considering a ZHP in this line-up. it loses in every single category.

the G35 (sedan)'s only redeeming quality is that it's so ugly.

with price as no consideration, S4, then C32, then 545. otherwise, it gets a bit tougher.
I wouldn't be so sure about the S4 comment. I'd take an M3 over an S4 anyday.

And with your comments about the 5 series, I don't think he's referring to the new 5. Only the 530 is out anyways. The 540 will have 325 V8 horsepower! It will be a performer, and it's hardly a "boat"!

·
Registered
274 Posts
considering one of his options was a ZHP (and not an M3) I was referring to all 3-series excluding the M3 when I said "E46's" and how every1 on this board wishes he/she had purchased one (instead of a 325/330 Ci,i,xi...)

at the same weight and 12in. longer than the S4, the 545 can't be anything BUT a boat. (and i drive the 540i (E39) several times every week--it's big, and the new one is bigger)

·
Mooove, get out the way!
1,051 Posts
JetBlack330xi said:
considering one of his options was a ZHP (and not an M3) I was referring to all 3-series excluding the M3 when I said "E46's" and how every1 on this board wishes he/she had purchased one (instead of a 325/330 Ci,i,xi...)

at the same weight and 12in. longer than the S4, the 545 can't be anything BUT a boat. (and i drive the 540i (E39) several times every week--it's big, and the new one is bigger)
Yep, I sat in the new 5 series about a week ago, it's huge! I like the new S4 except for the side "wing" type things at the bottom of the doors. I could do without them.

·
Registered
214 Posts
JetBlack330xi said:

Well the term "everyone" is too general, and I supposed they would question their purchase when comparing an S4 to a "normal" 3 series. S4 vs M3 is a different story!

And yes the new 5 is bigger than the previous, but also LIGHTER!

·
name's PHIL
6,066 Posts
did some one just suggest the 545i on STYLING........................WTF, that thing looks hideous:thumbdwn:

definitely check out the new S4 or the C32..............i personally prefer the S4 from that entire list:thumbup:

·
Registered
214 Posts
He and his said:
did some one just suggest the 545i on STYLING........................WTF, that thing looks hideous:thumbdwn:

definitely check out the new S4 or the C32..............i personally prefer the S4 from that entire list:thumbup:
I assumed that he's referring to the 03' 5-series since the new 540/545 won't be out for awhile. And even still, I like the new 5!

·
name's PHIL
6,066 Posts
new 545i are already out bro...........seen them already on the road and at the delaership as many other peeps have, where u been mang:dunno:

1/ as far as its styling goes, FORGET ABOUT IT:thumbdwn:

2/ PERFORMANCE is definitely awsome, but it still looks liike shiet, so why even spend all that $$$ then on it

·
Registered
214 Posts
He and his said:
new 545i are already out bro...........seen them already on the road and at the delaership as many other peeps have, where u been mang:dunno:

1/ as far as its styling goes, FORGET ABOUT IT:thumbdwn:

2/ PERFORMANCE is definitely awsome, but it still looks liike shiet, so why even spend all that $$$ then on it
Hmm, I haven't seen that one. They told me they were getting the 540 next month. My bad! How do the 19" rims look?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts