BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to hear from "xi" owners with aftermarket suspension (not just springs!). It seems like H&R C/Os or Dinan kits are about all that is out there.

·
is baaaaaaaaaack...
1,128 Posts
all this talk of xi suspensions... mmm :drool:

i dont have one but right now i am looking at h&r coils or the dinan suspension. unfortuantely, the dinan suspension does NOT upgrade the front shocks, because koni hasnt released them for the xi. if they do release them soon, i am going to go dinan route to better retain ride quality and also my warranty. otherwise, goodbye warranty, hello coils. between k&r and kw i have heard comparable things. those who have h&r love it, those who have kw, likewise.

·
Registered
866 Posts
S T O C K ....can't afford to do anything to the car these days...no time either. med school takes a lot out of you, both physically and financially!

·
Registered
18 Posts
whats the difference between "xi" and "i". i got a 325xi as a loaner car for my 745Li and i wanted to know the difference, thank.

·
is baaaaaaaaaack...
1,128 Posts
i - stands for gasoline powered car (as in i vs d like they have in europe)

C is coupe

and x is all wheel drive.

·
Registered
101 Posts
NJSMGM3 said:
whats the difference between "xi" and "i". i got a 325xi as a loaner car for my 745Li and i wanted to know the difference, thank.
XI is BMW's anwser to Audi's Quattro and other AWD market competition. It is built on the X5 1st generation technology. The power distribution is 38% to the front and 62% to the rear retaining a rear wheel drive feel.

If you want one, I would wait for the next generation of BMW's AWD system called "Intelli X drive" It is available in the new X5 series but will be a few years until they make it available for the sedans.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts