E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey e46 fans.. first off im new to the forum.. a few months ago my dad and i picked up a used 2005 330xi at an amazing price and im in the process of blacking it out.. ( love the blackout look :thumbup:) so far i got matte black kidney grills, smoked corner lights, and smoked LED tails. The car looks great but i hate the stock rims.. i need a set of black rims (preferably with a silver ring around the edge) at an affordable price tho.. anybody got any suggestions???

·
Registered
434 Posts
i have not seen a set of black rims with a silver strip, but i am fairly new to the community so im not saying its not out there, just that i havent seen it. You might want to look around a bit more before you decide to pull the trigger on some rims though. I will be lowing my xi before i get rims to get rid of the wheel gap that the xi are so well known for. But that is all personal preference. good luck with your decision

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
6,286 Posts
I like people that buy a BMW and hate EVERYTHING about it so the first order of business is changing EVERYTHING that you could possible change to make it NOT look like they car they paid lots of money for.

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
I like people that buy a BMW and hate EVERYTHING about it so the first order of business is changing EVERYTHING that you could possible change to make it NOT look like they car they paid lots of money for.
this describes most of this forum :dunno: nothing wrong with expressing individuality

best black wheels IMO

or you could buy mine and paint them :eeps:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can you not get black wheels, I don't understand the black wheels craze
i love the black wheels look.. the cars gonna be mostly black and the silver rims stiick out too much.. the black rims with that silver strip is so hot i dont get why ppl hate the black rims so much

·
Registered
634 Posts
Congrats on new car.

I used to have a black e46 that I kinda blacked out with the exception of corners and sidemarkers. I'd never do it again; my beef w/ the whole "black out" look is that it diminishes or erases the car's lines, making it look a little flat or invisible.

After having the matte black grills on for a while, and then switching back to the chrome OEM grills, I appreciated the OEM grills much more for giving the car a more contrast look.

Now that I have a TiAg coupe, black grills all the way,.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts