BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm quite new here and might buy a 2001 330xi 5 speed. and Ive been doing searching and can not find a 330xi turbo or supercharger kit for the awd version and can not find reasons why there are none. Can anyone help me out on this situation?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Never seen it done because the front axils get in the way of the inter coolers piping!!! Sorry dude.
Plus you can get the AA «basic» kit with the new Rotrex C38-81 with no intercooler for around $4000 and it's xi compatible, no problem. Keep us to date!

Cool33

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sounds good. Ill be able to hang with the evo's and wrx's. But ya if i wanted a intercooler could i get a custom top mount set up.

·
ninja editor
2,210 Posts
the axle sits under the oil pan, further back than a s/c centrifugal's intercooler. Sorry, AJ, I forgot you guys also don't come anywhere near interfering with the axle, ESS's air-water exchanger will also fit in front. So, both AA and ESS can offer cooling for your s/c setup. Come to think of it, VF should also fit easily, but with no existing intercooler option.

ESS TS2 and AA stage 2 will both come with charge coolers- and both should fit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Was curious how the transmission would hold up to around 380hp i have a 2005 330xi and plan on doing pretty much what you have done right here, anything about the trans, transfer case and differentials holding up with that much power and their limit?? Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
Was curious how the transmission would hold up to around 380hp i have a 2005 330xi and plan on doing pretty much what you have done right here, anything about the trans, transfer case and differentials holding up with that much power and their limit?? Please any help would be greatly appreciated.
Torque breaks things, not power. Also, shocking the drive train (such as launching) increases the risk of breaking something.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Torque breaks things, not power. Also, shocking the drive train (such as launching) increases the risk of breaking something.
Yes i know that torque breaks things but im assuming that they understand when i said 380hp im also saying im going to have higher torque.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts