E46 Fanatics Forum banner

330Xi complete audio and carbon fiber interior and exterior build thread

10K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  Nachos23 @ carbon-effects.com 
#1 ·
Hey;

I've been doing a considerable number of upgrades recently to prepare my ride for the upcoming show season. I've been selected as the Carbon Fiber supplier to the Toyo Tires street team this year as well as asked to be a member of the team.

My stock HK audio, interior and exterior have been undergoing significant upgrades as part of readying it for my first show April 28th.

Upgrades being done:
- Complete Mmats Pro Audio install (sponsored by Mmats)
- D1600 (1,150W RMS into 1 ohm)
- SQ4160 (4 x 160W rms) full range amp for front speakers
- Mmats 641 competition speaker set and cross-overs
- Upgrade CCFL angel eyes to Umnitza Preditors v2
- New Mtech II bumper
- 6k HID Fog lights.
- Carbon front splitters
- Moving to 19" tires and wheels (Beyern and Toyo)
- Finish Carbon interior pieces (Seat surrounds, seat backs and seat rails)
- Finish complete carbon set for engine (both valve covers, stock intake, ECU cover, Cabin Air Filter cover) in 1x1 plain weave
- Repaint calipers (not sure if keeping silver or painting red/black)
- Carbon Fiber wrap new side skirts.
- Vinyl wrap the rear trunk and rear spoiler.
- Install new Ground Control camber kits and replace front Bilstein shocks

Plus wahtever else comes to mind in the meantime:

Here are some of the pictures:

Mtech bumper installed and new wheels/tires installed:

Front driveline disassembled:

Mmats Pro Audio install:

Kept HK grills for small 1" speakers at top of door and stock grill for 6.5" speakers, but had to adapt hole to fit 4" Mmats speakers in front door.

Carbon Friber parts pictures to be added tonight.

See less See more
#2 ·
:hi:

Congrats bro... car is looking good! Haven't chatted with you for a while... hope all is well. :)

#3 ·
Hey Navin;

just trying to look as good as your ride! Finished car should look sweet! System is extremely clear throughout entire range! Can't wait till I get the carbon work completed!! Interior parts in red/black, engine parts in 1x1 plain weave and exterior parts 2x2 black wrapped to match existing weave pattern on hood!!

#7 ·
Thanks Bro! Great to hear from you and I look forward to seeing your completed work, my friend. :thumbsup:

:hi: Hope all is well with you, Bro! :)

#5 ·
thanks! me too....

#9 ·
There will be more Carbon fiber..... LOL

The following pieces are currently being completed over the next 2 weeks:

- Seat backs, seat surrounds and seat rails in red kevlar
- Hamann Side skirts in black 2x2 to match hood weave
- ECU cover, Cabiin air filter cover, both valve covers, stock ram air intake are all being done in 1x1 plain weave......
- Rear spoiler will be wrapped next winter.
- CF Hamann front lip spoiler (being installed this week)

So, I'll take some pictures of the new parts toay and post.

#11 ·
Thanks for the compliment on the trunk. Picked-up the racemesh grills about a year ago and I personnally really like the look. They need a repaint of the grills which I will be doing in the next couple of weeks.

#15 ·
Fabio; your parts have been started.............

#16 ·
Latest Upgrades:

Interior Pictures. Interior is complete other than seat backs and seat surrounds which are virtually complete:

Engine: Installed CF Cabin Air Filter, CF ECU Cover and CF Ram Air Intake in 1x1 plain weave.

#17 ·
^^^ Looks great!!! I really like the tri-colored stitching you did on the shift boot, ebrake boot and armrest. Where did you have that done at? I'd like to do something similar but instead only use the light blue colored thread to match my car's exterior color. :)

#18 ·
Thanks! Got the M3 stitched parts from Redlinegoods.... http://www.redlinegoods.com/E46shiftboot.php. They custom made the shift boot because I have an auto with no PRND indicator since they were moved to the DCT shifter. Plus the addition of the DCT shifter, meant I needed a custom boot length and custom boot diameter to look factory....They will custom do almost anything.

The armrest pad and e-brake handle just got installed although I've had them for about a year..... LOL

#21 ·
Thanks for the link! Yeah, I remember this company when they first started out... nice to see that they're still around and offer some good options for boots and armrests/headrests. :)

Question... if one were to order a shift boot for their BMW, do you only get the boot or do they also provide the plastic shift boot frame and will attach the shift boot to the frame for you?

#20 ·
So does your M! That is a clean ride!

#25 ·
The shifter does sit high relative to stock, I need to cut down the main shaft by about 1" and it should look perfect, but I'm so used to it being where it is, that shortening it now would feel weird.

Mechanically, there's not a lot of mods required, but the electronics on the shifter are reversed from our model and a small circuit is required for them to work. Here is a link to my original build thread.... http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=775641&highlight=dct+shifter Many of tried, don't know of any that have sucessful other than I.... apparently someone is selling a kit online now for like $400.....

As far as boot is converned, they only provide the leather. You need to remove and re-use the plastic retainers/frames....

#26 ·
that shifter sits super high. id definitely look to modify that if i were you

#27 ·
Definitely agree that I'd like to lower somewhat; but the other things I had to complete took precident. Hopefully in next 2 weeks.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.