BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 00 328i with dinan spings and shocks, breyton magics 18x8.5 & 18x9.5 & supersport exaust. my lease is up, should I buy a 330i perf package or a 330i sedan and put my stuff on it? will my stuff fit?
btw i need the 4 doors so a coupe is out of the question.

·
Registered
603 Posts
i wouldn't swap and put your dinan springs and shocks cause the 330ipp has some pretty agressive suspension components as is. The breytons should fit. The supersport exhaust won't fit because the 328 and 330 are different exhaust systems...hope that helps...

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'd sell your stuff and get the 330i PP. It's already got 18's inch wheels and agressive suspension and 10 extra HP which you might have gotten from the bolt on's. I'm guessing you won't need to get SP which is 1200 for sedan and probably have to pay a difference of about 3K for the PP which would be covered perhaps by selling your old parts. And you definitely can't get a 6-spd for cheap on your car now :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks jesse.
where are some pictures & specs of the 330i pp? I've only heard about it so far.

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,487 Posts
is it just me, or does that sticker seems a little low for the options listed? Especially considering it's a PP model? Or is that the base price?????:confused:

·
Registered
603 Posts
mc said:
is it just me, or does that sticker seems a little low for the options listed? Especially considering it's a PP model? Or is that the base price?????:confused:
That's the MSRP of the 330i with the performance package ONLY...
$39K

all the optional things are on the right...

·
Registered
603 Posts
article from around the web....

Here is what I know, the E-36 M3 coupe and sedan did not have the same engine as their european counterparts, this you know. The US E-46 M3 has the same M engine as the european version. There is extremely limited production capacity on the current M3 engine, because of that there are no plans in the near-term for an M3 sedan. However, starting with March 03 production BMW will be building a "sport version" of the 3-series sedan. This car will have 10 more hp for a total of 235, that is only 5 hp less than the E-36 M3, and I believe the new car will have more torque also. Obviously, that is a small number, but with other technological improvements over the E-36 M3 motor, this new sport version will undoubtedly outperform the E-36 M3 sedan. There are other significant suspension changes on this car also.

·
Registered
603 Posts
There is no aspect of the driving experience that has not been enhanced by the Performance Package. Modifications to the 3.0-liter in-line six-cylinder engine, which include different camshafts and performance-modified Digital Motor Electronics, yield a ten horsepower increase to 235. For the first time in a 330i a six-speed manual transmission will be standard. With the Performance Package it will include a short-throw shifter. The package also includes a shorter final drive ratio. The benefits of these modifications are immediately apparent - the 330i with a Performance Package will accelerate from 0 - 60 miles-per-hour in 6 seconds, about half a second faster than a standard 330i. To match the straight-line performance a new sports suspension, more aggressively tuned than the 330i's standard sport suspension, is mated to 18-inch wheels with mixed-size performance tires. In addition to the wheels and tires the exterior of the 330i Performance Package is distinguished by its Aerodynamic Package, black headlight trim, high gloss shadowline trim and a new exhaust that not only appears but also sounds more aggressive.

The look and feel of the interior has been refined with cloth and Alcantara sport seats matching the Alcantara sport steering wheel. An anthracite headliner and Black cube aluminum trim complete an ambiance tailored to the enthusiast. Silver cube aluminum trim is optional. The instrumentation includes red needles while the tachometer reflects the modified engine's 300 higher rpm limit. Production of the 330i Performance Package will begin in March 2003 with the first cars arriving at BMW centers in April.

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,487 Posts
toddk said:
thanks guys! how do you think it will perform compared to my old e36 m3 sedan
Good question. I'm going to go with better. I believe (may be wrong though) that the e36 was sitting on primitive underpinnings. I think the suspension architecture for the e46 was totally revamped.

Acceleration wise with the close ratio 6 speed, it's going to be very very close. The hp deficit won't make much difference.

edit: whoops, didn't see Jesse's post.....

·
Registered
367 Posts
Well the price of the 330i PP with the options i want come out to 43470. About 2K more than what my car was listed at MSRP. Hmm...not a bad deal at all :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm guessing when C&D gets a hold of this car it will probably run 5.4 0-60. They've already done a 5.8 in the current 330 with a 1/4 mile of 14.4 This should put the 330 back on top of the game hands down.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts