BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to trade my 325i and Im looking at the 330i. The performance packace is sweet looking, but is it worth the 4k?
I didnt notice a great deal of difference in the way it drives as compared to a regular 330i 6spd.:pimpin:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
In all honesty I really can't see how you do not see the difference in a 330i and a 330i with ZHP.

Since you do not see or feel the difference then that package is not for you and you will probably never really appreciate it. I'm not saying this in a bad way or to insult you, but it is not for everyone. Those that would appreciate it would notice the slight improvements.

I think it is def worth the 3900, and can see and feel the difference in the package. I prefer the cloth/alcantara over the leather/leatherette and the stiffer suspension as well as the rest of the upgrades are to my liking. The exhaust is a perfect aggressive tone and the exterior styling upgrades sets the car apart. The shifter is a bit notchier than the '03 330i 5 speed box, which I love, then again this may be the same for the '03 6 speed. I am extremely happy with my choice and I can see myself driving this car for many years to come. :thumbup:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Perhaps, but quite frankly, it all depends on the driver.

·
ASA NO MO
2,228 Posts
Why not get a regular 330i and save the 4k and invest it in a supercharger. Then you will blow the doors off a zhp. I have the ASA SK I supercharger available from www.renn-sport.net

Give them a call and talk to Sam

Good Luck

·
Big in Japan
1,359 Posts
Yo, I dont like to thread hijack, but your handle on here could be VERY offensive to a certain population, I suggest you change it.

Regarding the ZHP, if you are not planning on modding the suspension and such, then get it; if you are planning on modding out a 330, then dont waste the $$ on the ZHP.

·
Banned
2,046 Posts
ZHP comes in an auto now. It was only stick before right? I was a bit shocked. Was at my dealer last night for a new owner appreciation dinner and they also had some cars for us to check out. One was a Steel Grey 330i with Performance Package (was on the sticker too). I was surprised to see it was an auto. The alcantara's really nice but the cloth wasn't that great. Sweet looking car tho.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
You should really get the ZHP! I love how the transmission feels and also the interior trim! It's really, I mean REALLY, nice. Also, the difference in performance is quite significant. I read in a magazine (I forgot what mag), ZHP can do 0-60 in about 5.7s, while 330i can do it in 6.1s. So it's quite a big difference. Some other mags quote it as 5.9, but I don't know which one is true. And you know what, my 2004 330ci has a goverment-limited top speed of only 128 mph! WTF! ZHP's top speed is 155 mph, and it's government limited.

If you want to feel the difference, there's only one way, drive both cars. You will feel the difference!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I went back and forth on the issue for awhile because of the price but finally settled on the ZHP, I am looking for that extra power and torque along with the SSK on the shifter.

I probably won't mod the engine much at all except for a GruppeM intake so the extra power to me know seemed well worth it.

I will give a full write up when my car gets here in 20 days or so, Please can someone make the boat go FASTER!

·
Registered
269 Posts
ZyklonB said:
Im about to trade my 325i and Im looking at the 330i. The performance packace is sweet looking, but is it worth the 4k?
I didnt notice a great deal of difference in the way it drives as compared to a regular 330i 6spd.:pimpin:
Actually, if you visit the web site, you'll notice that if you were to select the performance package, you can't select the premium or sport package.

Premium package - $ 3300.00
Sport package - $ 1200.00
----------------------------------------
$ 4500.00

Performance Pack - $3900.00

The only real difference is that the performance pack does not have sunroof included. :ben:

The performance package does give you 10 more hp(235 )
:thumbup:

The benchmark 330i with more horsepower, bigger wheels, an M3-looking aero kit, and enough Alcantara to re-skin a synthetic calf.

·
SBBMotorwerks
557 Posts
ZyklonB is a form of hydrocyanic acid which becomes active when it combines with air. This was the chemical used to kill the Jews in WWII

·
Banned
4,041 Posts
I had a 330 step 2002 model before and the power difference is pretty noticable. I got the zhp even tho i was going to mod it was i liked how the car already came with the Mtech kit, 18" rims that look pretty nice, M-steering wheel, and the alcantera interior.

·
Mooove, get out the way!
1,115 Posts
thais0n said:
ZyklonB is a form of hydrocyanic acid which becomes active when it combines with air. This was the chemical used to kill the Jews in WWII
Oh Sh*t!!! Ok, someones handle needs to be changed.

·
Protect Me From What I Want
1,222 Posts
I'm in the same boat, dumping the 325 getting the 330i. In my case, even if I ended up getting a non-ZHP 330i, I would still have to get the M-tech II kit, M3 steering wheel, black window trim etc etc... which is gonna run me quite alot of money and not to mention the hassle of having them installed. Then after all that I probably have no money for the real mods, like GruppeM and SSK. I'd definitely go with the ZHP

·
like ma bell, i got the...
1,225 Posts
even with an ASA SKII a 330i is not going to outrun too many high perf vehicles ... so go for apperance first ... get the zhp ... if you absolutely must you can add a blower later on ...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts