BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm finally going to upgrade my sound system. I currently have the HK system. I am currently looking at MOREL component speakers. I demoed them, and was left impressed by their shear smoothness. Coincidentally, I can get them at cost as the company I work for is a dealer for their home products. I would really like to be able to put the "Hybrid 6" component speakers all around. Here's the link:

http://www.morel.co.il/car/system/hybrid/frameset.htm

The midbass driver has a diameter of 160mm and a mounting depth of 60mm. Will this fit in the front doors without having to cut into the door itself? Will this into the rear deck?

As for the tweaters, they are 1 1/8" in diameter. Will these fit in place of the HK front tweaters? For the rear doors, are the current speakers tweeters and will the MOREL's fit fine?

In addition I would like to maintain a 3-way setup. As a result, I have been looking at MOREL's midrange offering linked below:

http://www.morel.co.il/car/components/midrange/frameset.htm

They are 100mm in diameter and have a mounting depth of 10mm. Will these fit in place of the HK's midrange on the front door?

I visited Streeteffectz in NJ and have spoken to them about upgrading my system with the morels and was recommended Helix amps to power the in-cabin speakers. What is your take on Helix amps? Are there any other recommendations to power to MOREL's?

Lastly, so you know, I have already purchased an Adire Audio Brahma 12" sub mounted in a specific Sub-zero enclosure. Power will be supplied by a Hi-fonics 1000w mono amp. In addition, I will be integrating an AudioControl 3.1eq into my setup which will be mounted in place of the pocket w/ door in the center console. I can't wait. Sorry for all the questions.

TIA,
Paul

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jackboot said:
Are you keeping your head unit stock and running speaker level outputs to the Audiocontrol three.1?
Jon @ streeteffectz informed me that he will be able to take line level outputs to the audiocontol 3.1eq.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
roller84 said:

Jon @ streeteffectz informed me that he will be able to take line level outputs to the audiocontol 3.1eq.
I wonder how this will sound? I am looking at using a three.1 eq with the stock head unit...did Jon @ streeteffectz indicate whether or not he will be using any type of converter (voltage converter or something?) between the stock head unit and the three.1, or will he simply run the speaker-level outputs straight to the three.1? Please let me know...:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts