E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
so as the title states, up until just yesterday, car was running fine, no issues. Yesterday I ended up getting an EML light which would also go into limp mode. This seems to have been fixed by removing the idle control valve and cleaning it out, code was P1500. After this, the EML light has yet to come back, but when letting off the gas, the car stops accelerating, holds the rpm’s for about .5-1 second, and then begins decelerating. It did this just before getting the light as well. It also takes much longer when manually changing gears in sport mode than it did before. It’s an Automatic 2002 330i, no codes or lights are showing up, not sure if it’s engine, trans, or possibly the ECU, but i’ve already ordered another ECU from Europe (unrelated reason), so i’ll be able to see if that’s the issue fairly soon.

The car still drives “fine”, but it’s an unsettling feeling and something definitely isn’t right, and it’s been bothering me ever since. If anyone else has experienced this, or maybe has an idea on what it is, any help I can get would be extremely appreciated.

Another thing to note is after driving home with the EML light, it began to misfire on cylinder 4, but was fixed by restarting the car and it never happened since, probably a fluke but possibly related?

·
Registered
11,512 Posts
The first step in diagnosing a problem is to scan the engine computer (DME) and the automatic transmission computer (EGS) for codes. That EML light is telling you that the throttle body may be having issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts