BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello e46 fanatics my name is josue from columbus ohio :thumbup:
I am planning on getting a salvaged 330i with 81xxx miles and i need your HELP!! :hi:

As far as i see it will need the reinforcement bar, front and tails lights , front lights molding, front grills ,Bumper , and the back molding near the tail lights
(dont know the name of that molding there)

So if you can post your opinion on how much money do you think the car can sell for like how much will your max bid be and the parts cost that will help a lot

And pleasee dont be saying ( Ohh its salvage i wouldnt mess with it)

Thanks in advance
am really excited about this car

Update 9-10-2011
hey i got the car for 3960 plus 300-400 to have it ship
i think it was a good buy since the car has only 81000 miles and no that much damage
I WILL POST PICS FOR THE CAR WHEN IT GETS HERE
THANKS EVERYBODY FOR YOUR HELP AND I WILL MAKE THIS A GOOD THREAD POSTING PICTURES OF ALL OF THE ADVANCES THAT I MAKE TO THE CAR
and this is how the car looks like so far

AS YOU CAN SEE THE RPM IS 600 SO IT IDLES FINE

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Why don't you visit www.realoem.com, filter down to a 2004 330i, identify the parts you'll need via the pictures provided, and price it out. Shouldn't take long. And it'll be better information than a bunch of replies you're gonna get here that may or may not be based on fact.

Use the website above for part # reference only, but get your prices elsewhere (pelicanparts.com, getbmwparts.com, bmwmercedesparts.com, etc.).

·
Registered
575 Posts
It's also pure sale, it will sell for whatever. It does not need that much, the frame is most likely straight, but for salvage inspections you still have to have proof it was checked for straightness, unless you plan to have it 'washed'.

Goodluck bro :thumbup:

·
Registered
355 Posts
It's also pure sale, it will sell for whatever. It does not need that much, the frame is most likely straight, but for salvage inspections you still have to have proof it was checked for straightness, unless you plan to have it 'washed'.

Goodluck bro :thumbup:
In NJ you don't have to prove that at all. You just need before and after pics and receipts for all work and parts. I think NY is just a PITA. I've done 2 vehicles here with no issues (one collision damaged Prelude and a wrecked Yamaha R1).

OP, check your state's salvage title inspection process and make sure you're acquainted with all of the requirements. Not having a piece of documentation they require equals an instant fail and you'll be waiting for another inspection date. Also make sure NONE of your parts have "fallen" off the back of the truck. Salvage inspection is also a VIN inspection and you'll find a cop waiting for you inside when you're told you've failed and you'll be riding in their car instead of your own. Take your time and be thorough, don't cheap out on the work and you should be fine. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
198 Posts
The estimated repair cost submitted by the seller of this car is $12,262. Are you sure that the damage may not be more extensive than you think?

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I'd be more concerned with the back. That area under the tail lights looks warped or twisted, and I know at least on E36 M3s that sometimes cost a couple thousand to fix, because you had to cut it out and weld in a new piece. Also, the rear bumper needs repair or replacement. Make sure worse damage isn't covered up by the pretty looking hood and fenders.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Buying this junk is just looking for trouble. Good luck with the paper work and resell in future. Nobody wants a rebuilt car.
Yet people buy them everyday :facepalm: You mean nobody wants a 323ci. :thumbup:

Back on topic. Buying these cars and rebuilding them are big business, people make a living off it. One of the cleanest E46's to ever meet this forum was rebuilt.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=242003

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I am driving my car to the ground. I don't give a **** about if I can sell it or not.
Op is trying to fix the car and sell it for profit. Clearly if he was experience at selling rebuilt cars he won't be here asking us for advice.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
which headlights should i get?? i want ones with angel eyes , will it be better to buy them preinstall or buy them seperally??
send links of stores that has good looking lights please

·
Registered
575 Posts
I think Umnitza has headlights with the AE's in already.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
You don't have the car yet. In my experience cars with minor damage (like this one) sells for way too much on Copart. You'd be better off buying good used car.
So unless you can get it for 4K (which you won't, it will go for 5-6) I would not do it.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Looks pretty good aside from missing parts. If you're going aftermarket parts - ~$200 for tail lights, ~$300-400 for headlights, ~$600 for a bumper + painting, ~$50 for grilles, then you'd have to price out what other missing front end pieces you'd be paying for. If you can get the car for a decent price it looks worth it.

Assuming there are no major problems mechanically, or with wiring or any of that.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts