E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 21 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
churr all this probs gets asked alot but is the diameter for my air intake for my 330i 2004 3.5”?? n not 3” right haha just double checking so dont get wrong one.
52125F92-9F89-4064-B244-988A314A729C.png

·
Premium Member
2005, E46 Convertible, 330CI M Sport, Mystic Blue, 76k Miles
368 Posts
The picture shows the same intake as on my 330CI.
I don't have one of those cone filters on it though.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Well, other things change (xi vs i 325 clutch, for example) with the letter on the boot,

so it's not ENTIRELY impossible that the 'vert would have a different intake.
I guess.
It has a unique front subframe, for example, for no obvious reason I can see.

t
still thinks the stock air filter is far better than some gauze.

·
Registered
2001 330i (pre-facelift)
530 Posts
IIRC, the diameter at the throttle body is different from the diameter at the MAF sensor. I don't remember the diameter at the throttle body, but at the MAF it's about 3.5".

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Holy cow! Take your MAF off and measure it. Or take the duct off of the throttle body and measure there.
heh. this.

t
It's raining outside. I'm not going out there! I might melt!!!

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
IIRC, the diameter at the throttle body is different from the diameter at the MAF sensor. I don't remember the diameter at the throttle body, but at the MAF it's about 3.5".

The measure it everywhere. He would have the answer to the question already if he got out a screwdriver and a ruler.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Holy cow! Take your MAF off and measure it. Or take the duct off of the throttle body and measure there.
we in the middle of a storm for the past week and no one ask for ur 10c... you dont have to reply if you dont wont to

·
Premium Member
2005, E46 Convertible, 330CI M Sport, Mystic Blue, 76k Miles
368 Posts
For God sake man, leave it stock. Why do you want to vent warm engine bay air to the intake?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For God sake man, leave it stock. Why do you want to vent warm engine bay air to the intake?
my pipies are perished and box filter all fucked so thought i would get a aftermaket one as its cheaps were i buy my parts

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
this was helpless

The ad says it fits the 330 from '01 to '06.

You could just believe them, or if you think there are two different versions then you need to measure yours so you get the right one for your car, there's no point in me measuring mine because you can have the other one. You are asking a question that nobody but you can answer. And if you can't measure it today, you also can't work on it.

1 - 21 of 25 Posts