BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I want oem braking power or better. What is my best option for normal street driving (No Track). Solid rotors preferred.

These are my three options at this point, let me know what you guys think ?

1. BMW OEM front pads, rotors and sensors -- $277(shipped)
2. Front, Brembo Rotors , PBR / Axxis Ceramic Pads and sensors $236 (shipped)
3. Front, Zimmerman Rotors , PBR Ceramic Pads and sensors $230(shipped)

Thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you check Bimmerbrakes.com?
no, never heard of that site before. I just checked it out but it seems their site is down, " BimmerBrakes is currently under contruction. Check back shortly!". I will check it out a little later I guess.

What brand should I look for ?

Thanks

·
The Brake Newbie!
1,141 Posts
Hi,

I wanted have oem braking power or better. What is my best option for normal street driving (No Track). Solid rotors preferred.

Thanks
The PBR/Axxis Ceramic Pads (ULT) is a great pad but its not dustless. Performance wise be very similar to OEM. Can't go wrong with Brembo or OEM Rotors.

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
no, never heard of that site before. I just checked it out but it seems their site is down, " BimmerBrakes is currently under contruction. Check back shortly!". I will check it out a little later I guess.

What brand should I look for ?

Thanks
I got the front rotors from there and they are working great. And I would definetaly suggest the Stoptech Brake pads.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Hi,

I wanted have oem braking power or better. What is my best option for normal street driving (No Track). Solid rotors preferred.

Thanks
oem

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I was under the impression that BMW OEM Rotors are either Zimmerman or Brembo rotors (depends on what the dealer has).

How do the Stoptech Brake pads compare to the OEM pads ?

Thanks
Stoptech is as close to OEM performance as you can get without all the dust and better fade resestant.

·
The Brake Newbie!
1,141 Posts
Stoptech is as close to OEM performance as you can get without all the dust and better fade resestant.
Bingo and without the Crazy Price Tag. Very Affordable :D

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=826633

I needed new pads/rotors/sensors for all four wheels and began a quest for the cheapest OE brakes online.

Here's what I found to be the cheapest option. Many vendors sell the brake service parts separately or in all-inclusive bundled kits (pads/sensor/rotors). After putting together prices from the various vendors for pads/rotors/sensors, this is what I've found. The packaged bundles are not always the cheapest option and may actually cost more than buying them separately. It seems most end up buying in piecemeal or just getting the kit which costs more. During my research, I stumbled across a little discussed package offered by BMW in certain markets called a "Value Line" service kit. The kit comes with a pair of pads and a sensor for the front or the rear and costs a lot less than buying them separately or as part of a bundled kit. By purchasing the Value Line kit and rotors separately, you will pay less than a bundled kit or by purchasing them separately.

VALUE LINE Brake Kits:
FRONT PADS/SENSOR 34112157573 - $74.37
REAR PADS/SENSOR 34212157576 - $62.13

ROTORS:
$76.07 FRONT ROTOR ($152.14)
$76.54 REAR ROTOR ($153.08)

TOTAL COST:
$226.51* (FRONT pads/rotor/sensor)
$215.21* (REAR pads/rotor/sensor)

*These prices are from www.BMWmercedesPARTS.com

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Hi,

I want oem braking power or better. What is my best option for normal street driving (No Track). Solid rotors preferred.

1. BMW OEM front pads, rotors and sensors -- $277(shipped) YES.
2. Front, Brembo Rotors , PBR / Axxis Ceramic Pads and sensors $236 (shipped) NO.
3. Front, Zimmerman Rotors , PBR Ceramic Pads and sensors $230(shipped) NO

Thanks

You can trust Anthony at BimmerBrakes, he's a good guy to order from; PM him with your needs. He sells Stoptech which are great, but you need to ask if they fixed the brake sensor hook-up(they didn't have this before).
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11283480&postcount=1

Another great choice would be OEM rotors, PFC "Z" Rated Pads from BimmerWorld & Motul RBF600 brake fluid from Anthony or ATE Super Blue from BimmerWorld.

Good luck.

·
Registered
26,440 Posts
OEM. Do it. Don't question.

Oops, too late. I think if you have a BMW you should put your faith in the engineers. Maybe they weren't thinking dustless, or a compromise between street and track; I think they were doing a lot of thinking...more than you'll get in this thread, even if one of our obnoxious fanatics comes in and writes tons about the whys and wherefores of brakes.

Also, do you know you need rotors, OP? They'll take a second set of pads unless damaged. Mine did at 60K miles. Didn't need any pads in the rear then; they were only half worn. OE textars. SolidJake like Jurid and I like solidjake, so I'll give you that as a backup pad.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hi,

Thanks
Where did you get this price from? What website?
In getbmwparts.com its $585 shipped.

·
Registered
Best M5 Ever Made!
7,028 Posts

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
I read that BMW spin-balances the OEM rotors that they receive at the factory. I'd go with BMW rotors

1 - 20 of 33 Posts