BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 330ci 5 spd. with dinan exhaust and my friend has a 2000 S4 tiptronik. He wants to race me and I dont know if I will win or not? Who is faster? Should I race him or not?

·
Registered
314 Posts
uhm no....

if a 2000 S4 is tip and does not have an ECU upgrade it will be very close, i'd even venture to say if you drive your car well, you definitely have a chance at beating him.

done this race many times with my friend.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Lets all make sure we have our facts straight. This is directly from both the Audi and BMW web sites.

Audi S4 2004 0 to 60 mph in 5.3 sec
BMW m3 2004 0-60 mph 4.8 sec

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,561 Posts
mrcar1 said:
Lets all make sure we have our facts straight. This is directly from both the Audi and BMW web sites.

Audi S4 2004 0 to 60 mph in 5.3 sec
BMW m3 2004 0-60 mph 4.8 sec
Except that these numbers have no relevance considering we are putting a 330ci vs. an old gen S4 :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Lying, drunken cheat
4,378 Posts
I would probably try it if I were you. What's the worst that can happen? You lose? There's no shame in losing to the performance/motorsport version of a car (i.e. S4) unless you also have a performance/motorsport version of your respective car (i.e. M3). :)

The older gen S4 has a twin turbo 6 cyl engine. The newer ones have V8's. While the new gen cars are faster stock, you can always chip the turbo model. Chipped/modded turbo S4's can be wicked fast. Stock, they're not that impressive.

·
Banned
9,092 Posts
since hes auto and stock
and ur manual and big 3.0 and some mods. i think he ll own u at first. since the all wheel drive. so in other words he ll pull a lot harder at u at first, then if u shift good and at good speed. u ll catch up easy and you might beat up..

just dont give up once he pulls on you.. DONT

1 - 13 of 13 Posts