E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a M3!!
I do not have the 60k+ for a new M3. So i am looking to buy a used one.
What do you think is a fair price for a used 2001-2003 M3 Coupe?
I personally prefer the SMGII. Can someone tell me where to look for cars besides autotrader.com...? I dont mind to ship from another state. I also talked to some people who are importing M3s from Germany.. Dont know if they are any good..
please give me some advices if possible..

My 330Ci has only 3.5k miles on it anyway...

:pimpin: :banghead: :cry: :lmao:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Micro64 said:
I want to buy a M3!!
I personally prefer the SMGII. Can someone tell me where to look for cars besides autotrader.com...? I dont mind to ship from another state. I also talked to some people who are importing M3s from Germany.. Dont know if they are any good..

If you want SMG it has to be 2002+ since 2001 didn't have it yet as an option or you can buy my car. If you're really interested in buying my 2001 steel grey M3 please PM me.

·
Registered
95 Posts
$45-$50k is what I've seen them going for. And I'm sure you know to stay away from 10/01-12/01 builds.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do you think i can get a 02 SMGII with 45K?
Could be cheaper from out of state(CA).. right?

If anyone is selling their car please let me know too.
I have done alot of research but still have little progress..

·
Registered
95 Posts
Depends on mileage. I don't think being out of state would affect the price. If it's an '02 SMGII w/ <10k miles you'd probably be looking at at least $50k.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just like the M3 alot more
if i spend several $Ks on it
why dont i buy a used M3?

dont need bodykits, m3 mirrors, superchargers,, and many...

i have been thinking about this for MANY days and still havent figure it out... unfortunately

·
Registered
886 Posts
MICRO

what the **** man, you told me you were sending money to buy my Rieger M3 style front. I waited over 2 weeks for your payment, you delay it again and again saying you sent it and all that bull**** and now you're posting to buy an M3 ?

don't you have the decency to even tell me so i can put it up for sale again? I'm like a dumbass trying to be nice to you because i knew you really wanted it, and now you're playing me like an ass, how about you explain real quick what's going on so we can all know what's up.

:thumbdwn:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
THe new money order was sent yesterday i bought from seven elven. My 330ci has front bumper damage and I HAVE TO REPLACE IT ANYWAY. what are you thinking?!

·
Registered
886 Posts
sorry, was very upset.. i apologize becuase i did give almost a month for this transaction to close and i have yet to recieve the money.

sorry for being so hot headed, and i will ship out your bumper as soon as the money arrives.

once again, i apologize...

·
Nymphomaniac
264 Posts
This was something I looked into at one time. However I decided not to do it. I would be going from $350 a month payments to $800+ a month for the M3. ( A used one). Plus my insurance would jump from $1100 a year to almost double that.

You might want to try yahoo autos to search for used M3's I saw a lot of them there.

·
Der Meisterstück
2,399 Posts
Micro, didnt you have problems with your 330's engine like the second week of owning it? I remembered something about the engine not starting up againg after a carwash... what ever happend ? what was the problem the dealer found?

·
Registered
808 Posts
TheFallen said:
oh, and for your M3 decision, insurance is enough to stop you from dreaming... i kno, i tried
whoa! not really depending on your current rate and driving record. w/ my new M3...it only added $7.15 more to my monthly cost...and I'm going through Allstate w/ full coverage and low deductibles (including uninsured motorist) and I live in So Cal.

·
Banned
381 Posts
Micro64 said:
I want to buy a M3!!

be prepare to take a BIG loss for your 330ci cuz you're looking at $31000 trade in value if you're lucky.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Re: Re: 330ci to M3...

No, you're off... if it has only 3500 miles, I'm assuming that it's a 2003 330 ci. if so, you'll get at least $34K. if you're lucky as high as $36K.

I just picked up (last week) my 03' M3 and traded in my 2002 330 ci w/ 17,000 miles on it (5-speed manual; w/ step you'll get more), and I got $32,000 (even) as trade-in value.

You will still lose a substanial chunk of change. But if you can afford the monthly payments, DO IT! You WON'T REGRET! I know I don't! Good luck!

stlgry330ci said:

be prepare to take a BIG loss for your 330ci cuz you're looking at $31000 trade in value if you're lucky.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts