BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just acquired a beautiful 2004 330ci 6-speed manual from its original owner. It runs great but the suspension is definitely stiffer than the 3-series sedans I had tested, so I assume it has the sport package setup. It's got 123,000 miles on the original shocks & struts, so they're due for replacement. I've always found the standard BMW suspensions to be just right for driving urban freeways, so I'm wondering about replacing the shocks, struts and springs with the "standard" spec from an e46 sedan. Has anyone done this? Are there any issues to worry about? The car does have 18" wheels, which may account for a bit of the harshness, but I suspect the suspension setup is largely responsible.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Congrats on your purchase!

You can go with OEM or for around the same price a reasonable set of coil overs will give you ride height and dampening adjustability which means that you can tune the ride to whatever makes you happy.

You can pay a little or a lot less for trade off in some features.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nice ride! And if you do do this let me know how it goes because i actually thought about doing it too

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

1 - 3 of 3 Posts