BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
99% Stock
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, i finally got to drive my new 330ci for the first time now that im home for thanksiving. I have a couple questions.

Did all 330ci's come with grayish gauges? Or did any have regular black face gauges?
Do the HIDs get bluer as they age, because they are yellower than the fake xenon bulbs in my 325i! Even at startup they are white.
Will the dealer turn off the daytime running lights for free?
When i turn the key, there is some interference sound from the speakers even though the stereo is off. Is this normal?

Thanks. Man i can't stay away from my car! :D

·
Registered
644 Posts
JoeK said:
Hey guys, i finally got to drive my new 330ci for the first time now that im home for thanksiving. I have a couple questions.

Did all 330ci's come with grayish gauges? Or did any have regular black face gauges?
Do the HIDs get bluer as they age, because they are yellower than the fake xenon bulbs in my 325i! Even at startup they are white.
Will the dealer turn off the daytime running lights for free?
When i turn the key, there is some interference sound from the speakers even though the stereo is off. Is this normal?

Thanks. Man i can't stay away from my car! :D
I thought they all came with black gauge faces ... they are wrapped in some nice rings in any case.

The light from HID shouldn't be blue, it should be white. Sounds normal to me.

My speakers don't have that problem, but I don't have H/K.

·
call me kev :D
6,232 Posts
i am sure your gauge is the same as everyone else's.. just the 330ci gets the silver gauge rings around it...

i take it that you have bi-xenon, yes, they are pretty yellow compared to the single xenon on the 2001 models. that's why most ppl get 6000k bulbs instead to get the blue/purple look.

didn't experience that from my HK.. so can't help you with that..

good luck.. and have fun with the car :thumbup:

·
ACS Fanatics
727 Posts
if you purchased the vehicle new then yes they will turn the Daylight driving lights for you for free since you still have one more chance to let the dealer reprogram your car for free.

you should get the form while they explaine the features of the car to you

·
Legendary like a schoolboy
6,322 Posts
turn off the daylight thingy..
and when at the dealer
ask for the clown nose and clears blinkage
when you lock with remote key.( 4 peeps w/o factory alarm):thumbup:

which dealer?
any freebees u got ? except floormat?

·
OO[][]OO
525 Posts
first -- CONGRATS !

1. yes my gauge faces are with grayish color, also they are surounded by titanium rings trim. and the rest of the sides on the cluster is black (btw. it's like on the M3's but with out the M letter down in the middle under the niddle.
Also I did heard some did came like that style silver grayish faces, some did not came like that but more like 325 with black faces, but with the titanium rings only ... also for example there was some shipment in '01 with 330 that did came with black trim instant the titanium silver one around the headlights - and the dealers did swap them for free!

2.The fake HID are more bluish than your real Xenons one - btw I think Audis have the blueish reflection than the rest of the car makers..

3. The dealer are souppose to turn off/on the functions on the car for you for free at list one time....

4. The static sound you are hearing is not normal - guessing it is lose ground wire somewhere ....

3C
;)

Attachments

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,316 Posts
When I sometimes start my car, I hear something that sounds like a "pop" from the stereo, and I haven't figured out why. And its one of those things where if I were to take the car to the dealer to have them check it out, it wouldn't hapeen.

·
99% Stock
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
MachRc said:

which dealer?
any freebees u got ? except floormat?
Thanks guys. I got it at Assael BMW. They gave me a couple keychains, a leather pouchlike thing for the key, and license plate frame.

I'm getting a lot of static from the speakers when the stereo is off along with the usually infamous HK rattle. Man i guess the cars already gonna go back to the dealer then! :mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts