BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

So, 2 months ago, i swapped my manual 320cd for a auto 330ci which i love.

But I'm having a problem (one of many, but the most worrying, rest are bits and pieces, or it wouldn't be an e46):

So, just fyi, and this was already like this when i swapped, i have spacers on back (12mm) with 255/35/R18 tyres and on front (20mm) with 225/40/R18.

If i leave DSC on, even at 30mph the light starts kicking in and i feel car is slowing down, on a straight line...

If i partially turn it off (simple press) runs better, but between 60 and 80 it cuts power abruptly...
Be it on Drive, Sport mode or manual... an struggles to pass 80, like its choking...

Now if i completely turn it off (5 sec press) then it turns into an unleashed beast... no limit whatsoever... took it to 130 sooooo easily... no stutter, choke, nothing.

Any idea of what this might be? wheel sensors?

Thanks for your help in advance guys.
cheers and stay safe!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe DSC, KOMBI and/or EGS module(s) needs to be re-coded to match the new engine.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Hey, thanks for your reply.
I didn't swap engine, swapped car

Sent from my S10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Time to ask the car if it can tell you what is happening.

I start with PASoft, myself...

t

·
Here to serve y’all
2004 330Ci 85k miles
11,076 Posts
DSC has quite a few features to aid stability control, part of which is controlling throttle. Have a read through this document for the details.
https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=274596&d=1302781986

Sounds like yours is misbehaving and cutting throttle when it should not. Some folks have had ABS kicking in when their tire diameters were too different.

As TobyB suggested, read the ABS module trouble codes using BMW Scanner 1.4 or INPA and post them here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts