E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first i want to state that i love bmws. i have owned one since i turned 17 lol. but i must say that the new s4 seems like a really hot car. plus all the power of the new v8 all whell drive?? so which one would you guys get>????

·
Registered
338 Posts
I imagine it will be more than a 5K difference. Much closer to 10K. S4 should be in the same price range as the ///M3. But if it's betweent those two cars then I'd get the S4, but if I had to choose between ///M3 and S4? hmm..good question. A year ago I would have said ///M3 hands down. But as I grow older and need more of a family style car for the future 4 doors is beginning to sound much better. Where as the ///M5 is out of reach in price range, the S4 would make a great alternative. I'm still leaning towards the ///M3 but the NEW S4 is looking more tantalizing by the day.

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
5,457 Posts
S4

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'd get the S4 if i were you but only for the power it can put out. Look wise i still prefer the new 330ci's. Also the fact that I love 2 dr cars. I hate being the designated driver on trips b/c i have the most room in the car. But its up to you.. :dunno:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well it depends doesnt it. If you feel like you really need those 2 extra doors then go for the Audi. If you dont have any realy reason to go 4 the 4 doors id stick with BMW...but thats just me...cant take me 2 seriously (look at the sig :D )

·
T!TSLVR
1,182 Posts
There was a review of the 2004 S4 in the March 2003 issue of Road & Track:

"The S4 is priced at the M3's level too; official numbers aren't yet available, but Audi spokesperson Jennifer Cortez says to expect a figure in the mid-$40,000 range"

·
Registered
338 Posts
Impulss said:
There was a review of the 2004 S4 in the March 2003 issue of Road & Track:

"The S4 is priced at the M3's level too; official numbers aren't yet available, but Audi spokesperson Jennifer Cortez says to expect a figure in the mid-$40,000 range"
Well ///M3 MSRP base is mid 45K but c'mon now. HOw many of us can live w/o some of the amenities of a luxury car? I for one can't maybe 1 out of 20 could but with basic options i'm sure the car will come out to 53-55 like the ///M3.

·
Manwhore
2,517 Posts
biggiestuff said:

Well ///M3 MSRP base is mid 45K but c'mon now. HOw many of us can live w/o some of the amenities of a luxury car? I for one can't maybe 1 out of 20 could but with basic options i'm sure the car will come out to 53-55 like the ///M3.

add up the options to the s4, and i bet it will be close to 53-55k

·
T!TSLVR
1,182 Posts
biggiestuff said:

I agree! In the previous post, i was merely quoting from the magazine.

I think the S4 will be the same price as a M3 and the powerplant sounds great!! Too bad the new Audi S4 just doesnt' look as aggressive :banghead:

Therefore, it won't be a choice between a 330ci and S4, it would be M3 or S4.

·
Registered
173 Posts
resale value

is anyone worried about or even considered the resale value of the Audi? I posted a simialr topic a while back...and ppl were telling me that the audi depreciates like a mother (way more than a BM).

·
Registered
874 Posts
add up the options to the s4, and i bet it will be close to 53-55k
yea..but don't forget, the S4 doesn't come as stripped down as the M3 either. A lot of options are going to be standard. The S4 looks pretty aggressive compared to the regular A4...totally different animal. You'll have a ton more torque too. Besides, the S4 will be new and the 3 series coupes are 4 years old now...they are still great looking, but not that special anymore.

I beg to differ on the M3 vs S4. Living with all coupes, I want to get a 4 door, especially one with an automatic. The S4 will have one available. And its probably not too long before someone figures out how to twin-turbocharge it like the RS6.

And i've said this a million times in a am million posts, the interiors in the Audi's are light years ahead of the 3 series BMW. Way more attention to detail, refinement, and the textures and materials are top notch! You get way more features too (dual zone climate control, rear heated seats, the way nicer trip computer, etc). It's like driving a mini-S8

Oh...and lets not forget the AWD! You too live in a state that gets snow. How much fun would it be to be tearing down the street and drifting in the snow!

I doubt the fully loaded S4 is going to run as high as a fully loaded M3. Again, assuming that a lot of stuff isn't an option (as was on the old S4). But dealer gouging may raise the price.

·
Registered
874 Posts
is anyone worried about or even considered the resale value of the Audi
I don't think its that much in comparison. a 99 A4 1.8T-2.8 Quattro goes for around 18-22,000. Same goes for a 99 323i, 328i

Especially one with an S badge on it!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts