BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I just moved to Michigan and I'm planning to buy a new car here. As you know it snows quite a lot up here in Michigan and I havent really driven on snow before and I really like the 330 ci. I have heard people telling me I shouldn't get it as it is a RWD car and it will slide a lot. My friends have told me to buy either a FWD ro AWD car.. but I only like the look of the 330 ci..
Should i get the 330ci?
how does it drive on the snow?

·
--
714 Posts
First search the wheel and tire forum, then purchase snow tires and some cheap rims. It will handle the winter just fine with new tires on.

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
It will be fine with snows. People are just over dramatizing the RWD issue.

·
Track it
929 Posts
the car with stock performance tires will suck balls in more than two inches of unplowed snow.....you will need snow tires, then all will be well.

·
needs a new sig...
4,605 Posts
my 330Ci does fine in the snow on Blizzaks..Snow tires+ DSC work wonders..go for the coupe..buy some snow wheels and tires and call it the fisrt decision you will not regret in a while!

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,960 Posts
if you put 4 snow tires on

you will ride like a 4x4. i got the lm22 i feel like the king of the road when their is snow on the ground hehehe.
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts