BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any horsepower to be gained here? I know there is some type of valve flapper dealio thingie on the back of the muffler that I don't have on mine 2000 323i.

Any install isssues??

Looking for a swap for the chrome tips and the muffler seems to come with them ;-)

-Jeff
[email protected]

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,671 Posts
WHY??? :dunno:

·
Fanatics vs. E46 DTM 4evar
6,067 Posts
You can get a custom dual pipe done at a muffler shop and then use a 325/330 aftermarket exhaust but I havent a clue on the gains.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why? It is $50 and if there is HP to be gained why not?

Why?...jesus....:flipoff:

So is there a dual pipe design leading to the muffler on the 330 and not the 323...if it is not a bolt on I don't want to..I don't know about the 330 design.

Not looking to mod the pipes...too lazy for that and it is the girlies car.

-Jeff
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
323i: 6-to-2-cats header -> dual pipes into Y-pipe/resonator #1 -> single pipe into resonator #2 -> single pipe into muffler w/ Y-pipe and dual outlet

330i: 6-to-2-cats header -> dual pipes into resonator #1 -> dual pipes into resonator #2 -> dual pipes into muffler w/ dual outlet

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oooh no no bad dawg...no workie. Thanks for the info...I'll pass

·
Still around...
1,785 Posts
Jspeed said:
323i: 6-to-2-cats header -> dual pipes into Y-pipe/resonator #1 -> single pipe into resonator #2 -> single pipe into muffler w/ Y-pipe and dual outlet

330i: 6-to-2-cats header -> dual pipes into resonator #1 -> dual pipes into resonator #2 -> dual pipes into muffler w/ dual outlet
Couldn't have said it any better! :thumbup:

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,152 Posts
Hrmmm...It can be done...but I'm not sure why anyone would want to...you can get chrome exhaust tips and save yourself a lot of time and $$$.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts