BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to order Jurid brake pads from Pelican parts and they are ouf of stock. These are the OEM pads. Has anyone tried the ones made by Pagid? ANy recommendations on which ones to buy?

·
Vendor
13,153 Posts
hello,

We have plenty of pads available to purchase.

Click Here to see some pads that perform better then OEM.

If you prefer OEM we have genuine BMW pads also and everything else Here!

Thanks and I hope you find some you like.

Best,

Joe

·
Registered
26,417 Posts
Textar seems to be the main OE supplier. That's what I had and it is identical to the same pad from the dealer...minus a bmw logo.

Pagid is evidently the same company at textar, meaning it's the same compound and also an OE supplier (BMW needs a few suppliers for parts like these). New pads are stamped Textar/Pagid (though Pagid is in a smaller font!).

Be careful trying to get a better pad, for less money. Be even more careful trying to get just a cheaper pad, or a non-dusting pad, or quiet pad, or one in a nice color. If you want it to stop like a bmw, I think you should get textar.

Also, make sure you're getting the right pad...as in, make sure, or don't be surprised if maybe PO changed the caliper. You might check quickly to see the numbers on your caliper, just to confirm you're getting the right pads. Odds are you're stock, but some odds that you're not.

·
Registered
10,204 Posts
You ought to have rotors on the Parts List also.

If the Brake Wear Warning is on, then you will also need a brake wear sensor. The sensor is housed in the left front brake pads. You have to order it in addition to the pads, the cost is $15-ish. If the warning is not on, then you can CAREFULLY remove the sensor from the pad and swap it to the new set of pads. The sensor is a tnin metal band mounted to a block of plastic. When the pads wear down, the band is exposed to the rotor, it breaks and the light comes on. If you notice the pad wear before the light comes on, then you can use the same sensor over again IF you do not break it while taking it out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No warning light yet, but I know its coming. 63000Km on original pads. Thanks for the heads up on the textar brand name, did not realize they were pagid.. I will most likely get those and they are fairly in-expensive for OE. I figure the more brake dust the better! Brakes still work now as if the car was new....

·
Registered
26,417 Posts
No warning light yet, but I know its coming. 63000Km on original pads. Thanks for the heads up on the textar brand name, did not realize they were pagid.. I will most likely get those and they are fairly in-expensive for OE. I figure the more brake dust the better! Brakes still work now as if the car was new....
I replaced my pads about a month or two ago...the prior pair of Textar had done 60K miles. The rotor was still above spec for another set of pads.

If you have an automatic, they might be close, but if a manual, I bet you have another year or two on them...just saying!

·
Vendor
13,153 Posts
If you need to replace the sensor also,
We have them right here. Just in case you break the snaps when you remove it.

Click HERE for Front and Rear Sensors.

FRONT

REAR

Thanks

Joe

·
Registered
26,417 Posts
Jurid pads are the way to go with OEM. Much better than Textar and Pagid, but keep in mind they DUST a lot.

IMO power>dust
You think it's a different compound or you just like the design of backing plate, clips, etc?

I heard somewhere that textar/pagid/ and one other company all manufactured out of the same building...using identical compound. Forget the name of the third...minox or something?

So, it'd make sense that it had a totally independent supplier that would use a different compound. Just curious what your sense of them is?

I like dust also!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts