BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is time to replace my floor mats in my 02 330ci Coupe. OEM mats seems to be around $100 + Shipping on various stores.

The thing is I was never a big fan of the OEM floor mats. My biggest gripe about them is the way velcros at the bottom are manufactured so weak and there is no way to fix them. They are attached to a very thing sponge layer which gets ripped off in couple of months.

I want to keep using carpet style mats and hopefully keep a factory appearance. Most custom mat places will not order with BMW embroidery on the mats unfortunately.

Anyone had any success with custom mats?
Where is the absolute cheapest place I can find E46 OEM mats online in case I can not find a good alternative?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just order Lloyds Ultimate from Autogeek. They were beautiful in my Porsche when I replaced those friggin rubber p.o.s.
$82 but worth it.
Most online are not custom fit, and roll terribly. Lloyds are awesome.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Wrong section but I have AC Schnitzer mats which are flat rubber on the bottom. I got some industrial strength velcro from wal-mart the kind you just peel and stick, and it holds great. I know what you're talking about the OEM being stuck to a sponge material and ripping easily, that's why I changed mine also.

·
Registered
659 Posts
The BMW mats came in my car when I bought it - not sure how old they are, but they look like new (I assume they're at least a year or two old). OTOH, I live in the desert, and the car spent its entire life in Nevada and Arizona, so they have a pretty easy life.

What I did to was to order a full set of El Cheapo (R) Ebay floor mats, which I leave in the trunk (like a virtual trunk liner). That way, when I drive somewhere sloppy, I'll just throw them down in place of the "good mats" and keep them in good shape.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts