BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a throaty but not too loud system for the car, suggestions would be appreciated, just the muffler, not the whole system.

Thanks

·
Say hello to my lito fren
697 Posts
for me there is only two choices:

Racing Dynamics exhaust!!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

or

Active Autowerkes Gen III :thumbup: :thumbup:

Love them both, but RD is just not as loud and has bigger tips....impressive looking!:pimpin:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Probably going to get flamed but <a href="http://www.rogueengineering.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RE&Category_Code=E46">RE DMS </a> the sounds good :) everyone that hears it on my car really likes it. but i have a 325.

·
Invalid User
10,751 Posts
JojO CeL said:
Probably going to get flamed but <a href="http://www.rogueengineering.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RE&Category_Code=E46">RE DMS </a> the sounds good :) everyone that hears it on my car really likes it. but i have a 325.
i was gonna mention RE too. Thats what i'll be getting in the near future:thumbup:

·
Registered
206 Posts
http://www.eisenhaus.com/ I've got a Eisenmann race performance 76x2 straight tip with connector pipe. WEEE I love that thing. It sounds great and low in the normal driving range, and when you stomp on the gas it gives out a really gratifying growl that builds up in tone as the RPMs go up. You certainly hear you're engine more, and mix that with the sip of an intake and you've got a great sound/performance combo. Not ricey at all. Just make sure that if you get a connector pipe that sucker is bolted on well. Mine was rattling a bit till i tightened it up.

~Josh

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Eisenmann 80mm tips look sweet, any idea if i'd have to mod the rear body peice?

·
Big in Japan
1,358 Posts
I had the eisenmann, now I have the RE, I liked them both, but the RE has more personality to it than the eisenmann.

·
Registered
322 Posts
If you want moderate sound level, go with AA or a little louder, Eisenmann HP. If you want even louder sound but still "European" Rogue DMS, or Eisenmann Race.

I have Eisenamnn HP with the soundpipe on a 330 and it isn't too loud at all inside the car - no droning whatsoever. It hasn't broken in yet but at idle it is just deeper, about twice as loud as a stock 330. At higher rpm it sounds very nice - I get some nice echos under bridges and parking garages now! Even when I really rev it up it's not obnoxious though. I wanted a deep exhaust that wouldn't bother the neighbors but could still make some music.

Today I was next to a black M3 vert at a light and took off (same color combo as my 330 CiC!). I'm sure he could have passed me but just followed me through traffic - trying to get right behind me in traffic check out the exhaust that was making those nice notes !!

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,782 Posts
i'd keep the stock exhaust.. sounds good the way it is..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts