BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear all...

I've got my car in @ bmw for an inspection 1 service.. It's still got 6 months left on the warranty and there were a few issues that were bugging me about the car that I wanted to also get resolved, these were:

1* Realignment of both door's
2* Replacement of passenger door seal because the 'out of alignment' passenger door has scuffed it quite badly in one place.
3* Driver side indicator has condensation inside.
4* Rattle coming from drivers door over 50 mph
5* When the car is going over rough terrain... the sunroof emits a small rattle... (I guess because the car is flexing somewhat)

As you can see there's a quite a few small but irritating problems there.. and i've mentioned them to the dealer because their causing my driving machine not to be so ultimate!...

but additionally, i forgot to mention this to the dealer.. but the exhaust sounds quite 'throaty' when I floor the gas... is this normal ? ... Whilst the car was running @ idle... I tried to cover the twin exhaust pipes with my hands... but there was no pressure build up at all... My question is... Is there something also wrong with my exhaust or is this normal ?

I may just call the dealer up tommorow to mention this before I pick the car up... please advise !

anyone else had so many minor problems with their car ! :banghead:

·
Mooove, get out the way!
1,051 Posts
My car is sounding pretty damn throaty too, however, I didn't check for back pressure. I'll check that out tomorrow since you mentioned it. It has 24,000 miles on it. I kind of like the sound though.

·
Mooove, get out the way!
1,051 Posts
I'm also looking to get a new exhaust. Something that isn't too loud but sounds extemely deep, maybe something that sounds as close to an M5 as possible. :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
Something similar I have. Mycar is a 2001 330ci with 32K and shows @6500 for next inspection (I think is Inspection II?:dunno: ).
Here are my list of minor complaints
1- a very little but super annoying rattle on the driver and passenger doors.
2- a new little rattle from some where on the right of the dasbord. It seems from the globe box but it only happens when I corner hard. weird:dunno:
3- BMW re-aligned the doors a few months ago and replaced the driver seal because it got eaten up by the misaligned door. No here and there when I close the door fast I hear like if the window is touching the outside chrome moudling:confused:

About the exhaust, yes it seems it got a bit deeper and also because I disconnected the solenoid from the muffler tip to make sound a bit more aggressive :pimpin:

Besides that, the car has been running free of mechanical problems for a while now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts