BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0>*******><TR><TD colSpan=2><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Hi, Iam now preparing to install my Bi-xenon headlights that i bought a year ago to my 330ci, I have got all of the headlight adjust sensors and bracketry including the OEM wiring looms and xenon LCM for this retrofit.

As i have a LHD US version retrofit instuction booklet that says the sensors are fitted on the right front and right rear suspension on the e46 coupe can someone with the sensors fitted confirm that this position is still correct for RHD UK version vehicles.

i.e Is the sensors fitted on the UK spec e46 positioned in the same area as the US/Canada spec cars?

Cheers

</TD></TR>********></TABLE>

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers sillieidiot for the pic, the reason i am asking is to make sure that the wiring runs through the same side of the firewall.

There is only one retrofit wiring loom that will fit both LHD US cars RHD UK cars, the instructions are written for LHD cars and say that the wiring is to be run from the LCM along the dashboard over behind the fuse panel where it splits into two.

The first part goes through the passenger side firewall into the engine bay then along the top passenger strut tower exiting through the rubber grommet to the front suspension.

The second part goes along the inner sill under the carpet to the rear of the car, its positioned under the rear seat cushion where it then continues into the trunk exiting through a rubber grommet on the floor next to the spare wheel hollow then on to the rear suspension.

My problem is, Is the sensors positioned on the same side i.e passenger side on US cars and drivers side on UK cars, or have bmw reversed the sensor position on UK cars so that the wiring loom needs to be also reversed.:hmm:

Before anyone says it, I will remove the wheels later and see if the pre drilled sensor mounting holes are on both sides of the chassis.
I will try to post a DIY for this with pics (if i can figure out how to).

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah i have it in my car, i will post it tomorrow keep a look out for this post.

Oh it costs £12.00 plus vat at the dealers

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes i did they are fitted on the the drivers side on UK versions.
I removed the front passenger wheel just to check if the mounting holes where on the chassis but found that they are only on the drivers side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts