E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I bought my zhp about a year ago there has been a rattling in the door when going over bumps if the window isn't up (maybe a broken clip holding the window) but the window was going up and down fine until recently so I ignored it. In the last month or so my auto down has stopped working, at first I had to press the button really hard and hold for a second to get it to work but now it won't go down automatically. It will still go up. Is it the switch or is it some sensor in the door that's bad?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Switch problem. Probably dirty inside. Take it out and soak it in hot water for half an hour, rinse it out and blow/shake out as much water as possible. Compressed air is ideal but not absolutely necessary. Let it dry out inside for a day before reconnecting. Coffee and drink residue in the switch is likely due to the location of the switches and cupholders.

Sent from my S61 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey day 2 update. This morning they didn't work again anymore, I'll try again with some contact cleaner and dielectric grease. Also Pedro2u, I've tried joining zhpmafia before but registeration was closed last I checked, otherwise I would have already!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Day 3 update, the plastic part of the switch actually broke off on the inside. The plastic turned brittle and snapped, that was the problem and why it slowly stopped working

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.