E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have pretty much decided to go with an E46 330ci. Looking at pre-facelifts with the M-Sport Package.

Right now, there are two cars for sale. One is a 2001, imported to Sweden from Germany in 2002. 100000kms. Very well taken care of. Individual Estoril Blue w/ black leather interior. 19" M3 replicas, ACS mirrors. Other than that, all stock. The owner seemed very enthusiastic about his car. The car has never been driven during the winter since he bought it in late 2002. That means it has never been exposed to road-salt. No rust!

The second car is also a 2001, sold new in Sweden. Topaz Blue w/ black alcantara interior. Only 80000kms. All stock, except for 18" M3 wheels. Haven't had the chance to talk to the seller yet. But this car looks perfect based on the sales ad. However this car has been driven during winters, although I do not now to what extent.

I love the Estoril Blue, however, should I avoid buying an imported car? Moreover, this car has the old 4:3 Navigation Professional w/ Casette Player. No offense, but I can't stand the look of it. I would like to replace it with either a simple Radio Business/Professional, or the 16:9 Navigation Professional w/ CD-player. Can this be done? If I were to choose the Radio Business/Professional, I would need to relocate the Climate controls, right? They are now placed where the second latch is normally for non-nav cars. Is this an easy fix? Please help!

Second, the Estoril Blue has leather interior, and the side bolster of the drivers side seat is of course quite worn (like all E46 w/ sport seats). Hence I prefer the Alcantara seats in the Topaz car. Is it simple to re-dye worn leather seats, or fix this seat, or should I opt for the Alcantara-equipped car - which looks like new - interiorwise?

Thanks for your advice!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.