BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i currently own a Steptronic 330Ci

i'm sick of hearing all these bull**** numbers being posted from different magazines, websites, or even the official BMW numbers.

I was hoping you guys who has taken your 330 to drag strips, g-tech or some how TIMED your 330.. please post your numbers.. whether it's STICK OR AUTO or even DYNO charts would be awsome.

THANKS !

·
yuppie racing
1,927 Posts
I have a stock 330ci step- My best time at englishtown racewaypark was 14.67 in the quarter. however most my runs where around 14.9's. hope this helps :thumbup:

·
Registered
367 Posts
bmwti said:
I have a stock 330ci step- My best time at englishtown racewaypark was 14.67 in the quarter. however most my runs where around 14.9's. hope this helps :thumbup:
What mods do you have? are you complete stock? And how did you launch your steptronic?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, yes.. he did say it was a STOCK 330 Steptronic...

ummm, thanks for the info guys, anymore NUMBERS from 330's ? perferably from STEPTRONIC ones.. thanks !

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yeah I missed that one. Must have been one hell of a run to get 14.6 in a steptronic. Pretty nice to know what it IS capable of but i'm guessing 14.9 is more of what we'll see. OH yeah..how heavy is he? hahaha :)

TheFallen said:
well, yes.. he did say it was a STOCK 330 Steptronic...

ummm, thanks for the info guys, anymore NUMBERS from 330's ? perferably from STEPTRONIC ones.. thanks !

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anyone else with anymore sTRIP times ? how about some 0-60 with g-tech ? plz post THANKS !

·
yuppie racing
1,927 Posts
When I got my run, of a 14.67, it was like my fifth or sixth run of the day, and I was torque braking. I simply put my car in sports mode, had one foot on the brake, and pressed the gas to between 1000k and 1500k and released it when the lights dopped to race. That was how i got my best time, although through out the day I tried other ways- such as putting it manual and shifting myself, to just keeping it in drive and stomping on the gas. I found that my worst times was to combine torque braking with me shifting in manual mode, my tires spent too long spinning and trying to find traction. On a side note, I really dont suggest torque braking on regular basis, as you might end up screwwing something up. :thumbdwn:

I actually lost that race with my best time b/c, technically I was racing to get the time I had posted on my windsheild which was something like 14.8. The other driver, my friend in his 2000 acura type R, who I actually won the race against, still got to advance to the next rounds b/c with the time he posted on his window he didnt go over.

As for the question of how much do I weigh, Im 6' 1" 195 lbs but at the time I was only about 185 lbs. Also if it matters, I like long walks on the beach and candlelit dinners.;)

I just placed my order for the grouppe M 3rd group buy so Ill receive it soon. :) Hopefully ill get more performance mods by the summer, and Ill see how my track times do.:thumbup:

·
Registered
114 Posts
0-60

0-60 in 5.8 measured with g-tech. I have a manual 330Ci with full UUC exhaust and GruppeM intake. It took several tries to get the best launch (DSC off).

·
Registered
367 Posts
bmwti said:
When I got my run, of a 14.67, it was like my fifth or sixth run of the day, and I was torque braking. I simply put my car in sports mode, had one foot on the brake, and pressed the gas to between 1000k and 1500k and released it when the lights dopped to race. That was how i got my best time, although through out the day I tried other ways- such as putting it manual and shifting myself, to just keeping it in drive and stomping on the gas. I found that my worst times was to combine torque braking with me shifting in manual mode, my tires spent too long spinning and trying to find traction. On a side note, I really dont suggest torque braking on regular basis, as you might end up screwwing something up. :thumbdwn:

I actually lost that race with my best time b/c, technically I was racing to get the time I had posted on my windsheild which was something like 14.8. The other driver, my friend in his 2000 acura type R, who I actually won the race against, still got to advance to the next rounds b/c with the time he posted on his window he didnt go over.

As for the question of how much do I weigh, Im 6' 1" 195 lbs but at the time I was only about 185 lbs. Also if it matters, I like long walks on the beach and candlelit dinners.;)

I just placed my order for the grouppe M 3rd group buy so Ill receive it soon. :) Hopefully ill get more performance mods by the summer, and Ill see how my track times do.:thumbup:
Great info :). I've always wondered if the step was capable of lower than 15.0 1/4 mile runs. :).

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
TheFallen said:
Hi, i currently own a Steptronic 330Ci

i'm sick of hearing all these bull**** numbers being posted from different magazines, websites, or even the official BMW numbers.

I was hoping you guys who has taken your 330 to drag strips, g-tech or some how TIMED your 330.. please post your numbers.. whether it's STICK OR AUTO or even DYNO charts would be awsome.

THANKS !
Just to p!ss you off, I will post magazine times. :tongue: :lmao: j/k

1 - 13 of 13 Posts