E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what goes into the Performance Package?

I'm interested in tweekin' a few more horses out of my 330 but don't want to spend thousands doing it. Call me a baby, but supercharging just scares me - I have visions of the engine blowing up or something.

:dunno:

·
BMW Land Barge
1,359 Posts
A performance package retrofit has got to be just about the must expensive way possible to wring ten hp out of your engine. New cams+exhaust+intake+software would end up costing you thousands. For very little gain. Well worth it from the factory, but forget about it afterwards.

According to the charts I've seen, a Gruppe M intake would get you more power than all the ZHP add ons together.

·
P.I.M.P.
2,358 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
A performance package retrofit has got to be just about the must expensive way possible to wring ten hp out of your engine. New cams+exhaust+intake+software would end up costing you thousands. For very little gain. Well worth it from the factory, but forget about it afterwards.

According to the charts I've seen, a Gruppe M intake would get you more power than all the ZHP add ons together.
They are WAY underrating the gained hp....10hp won't result in a half second difference....the mods listed(in the ZHP) will yield larger gains than that.

·
BMW Land Barge
1,359 Posts
K-DOG said:

They are WAY underrating the gained hp....10hp won't result in a half second difference....the mods listed(in the ZHP) will yield larger gains than that.
Uh, maybe, except that that 6.4 has been a pretty conservative number on BMW's part. 10hp, a lower final drive, and a slightly less conservative count could EASILY yield a half second improvement.

In fact, it's very disappointing that BMW didn't go with a 3.23 final drive. The car would really move then...

Edit: And even if the ZHP mods gave you 40hp, it would still cost FAR more than it's worth to do them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.