E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have the same issue... i know the 330's are suppose to have a sporty low sound to it and i enjoy that but the sound gets really loud and harsh from 150km/h to 180km/h... weired thing is once pass 180 it returns to its normal nice low tone again???..is this normal???

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,782 Posts
dude.. there's no doubt the car will get loud if u do 115mph..

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
true but the weired thing is once past 180km it returns to normal again???? if it get louder and louder then i understand but just in that range between 150 and 180 .??/ does that sound right ??

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
showboat said:
true but the weired thing is once past 180km it returns to normal again???? if it get louder and louder then i understand but just in that range between 150 and 180 .??/ does that sound right ??
Maybe from 150 to 180 km/h the engine rpm happens to be near redline (I'd guess 4th gear) and it upshifts at 180 (to 5th gear) so the rpm and engine note drops back a bit.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am sure the rpm wasnt high when i hit 150 and i think i am already in 5th gear

so does this happen to anyone else??? i knwo 325's are really quiet inside and u cant heard a thing so 330 owners...is it just my car or is this normal

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
I dont usually get that fast on public roads, but i remeber that the car drops off in sound quite a bit aroudn 110 to 115 mph becuae thats when 4th gear ends and I shifted to 5th ( I don't know exactly how fast I was goign when I shifted, there were more important things to watch)

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I notice the motor sound of my 330 is a lot louder than my 325 motor. The exhaust plays a part as well, but just the sound of the motor is noticably loud. I LOVE IT!!!!

Sometimes I drive with the radio of just to hear my 3.0 rev up!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts