E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this piece just pop off? How do i remove??

Thanks!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yea you have to pop it out from behind the bumper...there are clips that hold it in place...i got mine painted for $70 :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive had several black cars, look sweet, but the show knicks, and scratches much more than any color....

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
SL500 said:
another reason i got a black car
That was actually one of your reasons??:loco:

·
(\OO\ (||)(||) /OO/)
745 Posts
Icecold7769 said:
Ive had several black cars, look sweet, but the show knicks, and scratches much more than any color....
... another reason why my next car won't be black. :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Been meaning to ask about the same thing...

AS325Ci said:
Yea you have to pop it out from behind the bumper...there are clips that hold it in place...i got mine painted for $70 :thumbup:
i took a look at what holds the piece in, from behind/under the bumper, but i couldn't figure out how to pop out the ends of the piece (all the other clips are easy). I guess i couldn't figure it out, cause its such an awkward position to see the thing. The only way to do this is to stick your head under the bumper/muffler area and undo the clips right? Also, if i saw things right, you can only reach 4 or 5 of the clips, which is a little more than say 1/3 of the way of the strip, which is what ThaisOn was talking about (he painted this piece and posted a message about 2 weeks ago i think). But i'm not clear on how to undo the rest of the clips from in front of the bumper, since you can't reach the these clips from under/behind the bumper. Yeah, hope i didn't make that sound too complicated, but if you know what i'm talkin about, could you help me out, thanks a lot man.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey man...Well the guy at the body shop basically just pushed it from behind/under the bumber and it all seemed to pop out...and when i re-installed it it just popped back into place...i dunno how else to explain it:dunno:

·
Registered
74 Posts
AS325Ci said:
Hey man...Well the guy at the body shop basically just pushed it from behind/under the bumber and it all seemed to pop out...and when i re-installed it it just popped back into place...i dunno how else to explain it:dunno:
Actually this helps out a lot, i knew it was easier than i was making it out to be. Now that i think about it, the end clips did look like you just have to push it out like the other clips, even though its a different design. Alrite, sounds easy enough, it'll be my diy this weekends, thanks again man.:thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts