BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I am contemplating doing a diff upgrade as well as Conforti chip.

I was wondering how high the rev limit is raised with the Conforti software, because I calculated that I could hit 61 in second with a 3.38 diff if the rev limit was changed to 7000.

Technik offers several different ratios and I am deciding between the 3.38 and 3.23. If the Conforti software doesn't raise it high enough, I will just settle for the 3.23

Thanks guys!
Patrick

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks slow323, i just called 'em. Yup, it's 7,000. :D

And hey, your car's not slow...think about all those 318's out there. ;)

·
E46-free since 10-13-06
5,344 Posts
pwalsh53 said:
thanks slow323, i just called 'em. Yup, it's 7,000. :D

And hey, your car's not slow...think about all those 318's out there. ;)
You're welcome!

Actually... I beat 328's all the time. 328's with steptronic are easy to beat. 5-speeds are a little tougher, but I still have not lost against any 2.8L car I've gone up against. :thumbup:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More power to ya. 323 is no slouch, but I just loooove this motor. So torquey.

Come down to Richmond and we'll tango. :D

But honestly, a BMW wasn't built just for straight line speed.

Patrick

·
Registered
26,555 Posts
Hey guys.

I am contemplating doing a diff upgrade as well as Conforti chip.

I was wondering how high the rev limit is raised with the Conforti software, because I calculated that I could hit 61 in second with a 3.38 diff if the rev limit was changed to 7000.

Technik offers several different ratios and I am deciding between the 3.38 and 3.23. If the Conforti software doesn't raise it high enough, I will just settle for the 3.23

Thanks guys!
Patrick
http://www.bokchoys.com/differential/Speed.htm

So I can get up to 66 mph in second now with my crappy 2.93. I roll through tollbooth in second, and get up to the speed limit with just my foot...it's a beautiful thing! You don't need a new diff or chip to do what you want. If you're not able to do it now, maybe you don't have the diff you think you have?

Maybe I'm not understanding...that happens pretty frequently!

Doug

1 - 9 of 9 Posts