BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, got my car on the ground yesterday after being on jackstands for almost 7 months. All new fluids, Petrosin mtf 2,etc. Car started instantly, ran for a bit and tried to back it out of the garage. Could not get it in gear. Car has sat for about 9months, shifts great with engine off. So with the engine off I put it in reverse and backed out. Switched car off, put it in 1st, drove out the driveway. Have a small street in front of house about 1/4 block long.Once car is rolling sometimes will go into 2nd. Clutch seems to engage ok, jumped on it in 1st. to see if it would slip, none at all. On the level with the pedal on the floor it seems like it wants to creep forward like the disc is not disengaging! Drove back and forth a bit hoping it would cure itself! No luck yet. Bleed the clutch line, and removed slave cylinder, no apparent air or leakage. 2000 328i, no cdu. Clutch was fine before accident, isn't driven hard but does have 105k. Not sure if it has been replaced or not. I really would like to send it to the paint shop and not have to put it back on jackstands and put a clutch in it!!! Anyone have any idea's. Have searched but did not find these syptoms!! Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To all that viewed at this point I consider myself lucky! Backed the car out of the garage and put it in first and all went ok, to second and for a brief moment to third! Looks like it curred itself at least for now!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts