BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, before I post this topic I'd just like to say I didn't find any information I needed about the e46 platform.

I have recently put on a really super nice Remus performance muffler which definitely sounds good, but it's just not loud enough for my taste. I'm going to be uploading a YouTube video with the job itself and the sound if anyone is curious.

While doing the job my exhaust hangers didn't come in on time so there was a day where I had to drive home without a muffler and my car suffered major power loss.

My worry is because of loss of back pressure, if I delete the 2nd resonator, will I actually lose power?

I appreciate any information I can get.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I wouldnt think deleting a resonator would cause severe power loss due to back pressure. I think youll be fine, i could be wrong but i dont think i am. Just weld piping there

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
No, you will not have a power loss with with second resonator removed. Right now with the muffler off the car you likely lose some back pressure but that's because the length of the exhaust system has been reduced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts