BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've read everything I can find here and elsewhere, and I still am confused. I have a simple need - rear shocks, not necessarily high performance, but would like a bit more response. Bilstein online catalog lists BE3-6865 as fitting, but BavAuto says Bilstein catalog is often wrong. They said only choice is OEM Sachs.

So can I use the Bilsteins with stock rear springs on the xi wagon or will something get screwed up? What is with the xi wagon that there are so few choices for shocks, is it really that different from a sedan xi?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this one.

re: 2001 325xiT

·
Registered
465 Posts
Yes. You can get bilsteins for your stock springs for your car. However, I don't know if you can buy just the back. Also the touring IS different than the sedan.

www.turnermotorsport.com has them. If you call them they may be able to sell just the rears.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I put the Bilstein Sports and H&R Sport springs on our '05 325xiT about 6 weeks ago. I got the setup from Turnermotorsport.

If you are staying with stock springs, you need to get the HD setup. Same price as the Sports. Car looks a lot better with the Sport springs and shocks, but is no where near "slammed'.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Post a pic of your xit? I'm running Koni's w/ACS springs on my xit. I think the Koni's raised my front end a bit from stock struts w/ACS springs.

Unfortunately, I believe I'm riding on my front bumpstops 24/7. Did you trim your front bumpstops when you insatalled the Bilstein struts and H&R Sport springs?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts