E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 325xi beat this M5 by 5 car lengths @ 130 MPH on the highway. J/k
I was at a red light and noticed what looked like an e46 a few of blocks away crawling along the sidewalk but as I got closer I noticed the ///M5 on the back. They then started cruzin alongside of me so I rolled down my windows and said wassup in a friendly way and the guys commented me on my rims, all of a sudden that dude tried to skirt on me. I was trippin cause he really wanted to race. I was thinking to myself, what am I to do with this M5? Its an M5! Im in a 325xi which is the snail of BMWs. It was clearly a mistaken identity which he probally thought I was an M3, plus there was really not much room to speed cause there were too many cars around. I respect all BMW owners but I guess this guy didnt know much about our cars and was acting like a show off. After a few more trys of tryng to race me he took off. Im just sharing my experience everyone. As a thought, would my car be quick enough for a short run if I had NOS?

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
if you see that guy again tell him he is a *** for me... lol maybe he should buy a honda civic if he wanted to drive like that lol... Good story though

·
Registered
19,822 Posts
no point in racing a non- m against an M, unless the non-m is FI

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey, we may be the snails of the BMW world...but I think we're fast enough.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Let me first reiterate Vaio's thread from last week - "can we please stop the stupid street racing threads".

Street racing is in no way racing - it's "playing" in an unsafe manner putting yourself and others at risk. It's even admitted here - a lot of traffic and driving at 130mph - no wonder so many people think BMW drivers are self indulgent idiots. No guys, you didn't "beat" any M3s or M5s - they were playing with you and let you go so you didn't kill any one.

Now, when you kids decide to grow up and decide to invest in a proper BMW CCA DE or other approprite on track drving event, you will quickly learn that there is no way in the frickin world any 325 (NOS. SC, or not) is going to whop an E46 M3 or an M5 that is being driven at 10-10ths. It aint gonna happen - if you guys really beleive you are able to "beat" an M3 or an M5 in a 325 you are way gullible, or you're smokin stuff that you mom told you not to.

Beleive me - when I come off turn 7 at Road Atlanta (in my coupe, which is up 50+HP on a stock 325) and I am foot to the floor at the apex, and I see an M3 or an M5 coming up on me before I'm 1/3 of the way down the backstretch in the passing zone, my arm is out the window with a point by. Once you get pointed striaght there is no overcoming the 150 - 220 HP you are down to an M3 or an M5.

Now you will find that with skill you can certainely keep up with them in the corners with the right tires and suspension, but no way on the straight.

Dead street thread................

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
xkaliguyx - as I re-read your note, I will now assume (as an "old guy") that j/k means "just kidding" and when I read that into your post, it comes out in an entirely different perspective :yikes: so please excuse my flaming:bow:. "e-writing" man, I am getting way too old to keep up with it all!!!!.

Now for our friend aznazasin, you were toast, the M3 just put the jelly on you to cool you off before you realiszed you were done, or you were both dead. And if it had an automatic, it wasn't an M5 as far as I know, maybe a 525 with a fake M badge..... Nothing like picking on the fat slow car!!!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
TwoE46s said:
Now for our friend aznazasin, you were toast, the M3 just put the jelly on you to cool you off before you realiszed you were done, or you were both dead. And if it had an automatic, it wasn't an M5 as far as I know, maybe a 525 with a fake M badge..... Nothing like picking on the fat slow car!!!
Either I am way distracted today, or my head is just mush.....but I can't leave a stupid reponse from myself un-corrected either, no matter wether this is a street racing thread or not. Maybe I'll learn to just stay out of these.:rolleyes:

In any case, aznazasin, if it was an E46, there are NO E46 M3s with autos. Now there were E36 4 door M3s with autos, and maybe (but I don't know) some E36 M3 coupes but I don't think so............ I'm done here - no more!!!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
TwoE46s said:
Either I am way distracted today, or my head is just mush.....but I can't leave a stupid reponse from myself un-corrected either, no matter wether this is a street racing thread or not. Maybe I'll learn to just stay out of these.:rolleyes:

In any case, aznazasin, if it was an E46, there are NO E46 M3s with autos. Now there were E36 4 door M3s with autos, and maybe (but I don't know) some E36 M3 coupes but I don't think so............ I'm done here - no more!!!
I think we're all a little touchy here in the motorsports forum whenever we see a "My M3 vs. Supercharged Pinto" thread.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
aznazasin said:
im not sure about the M5 but i beat an M3 before until 130mph and thats when he passed me...it was a roll from 70 and he had an automatic..of course you would doubt it bcuz theres no evidence but just wanted to share my story.
There is an Auto M3? :hmm:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts