E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As of today I am starting my turbo project. I am moving this forward by a year with the announcement of the unlocking of the ECU. I am seeing if anyone wants a build thread of this car.

build idea is a stanced sleeper (not a rocket), with a VIP(ish) interior, personal DD with boost ( love/ miss turbo noises/pulls). I have always tried for ambitious builds in the past and this is my toned down next build.

stay tuned, photos to come.

SO FAR COMPLETED
330 engine swap
330 brake swap
stainless steel brake lines
custom billy suspension with a super healthy drop
face-lift / xenon conversion
poly trailing arms
UUC short shifter (amazing)
basic repairs (leaks, blown engine, mis match suspension, broken parts, worn parts)
turbo install (purchasing a CX partial kit today)
-injectors
-self cut and tig'd charge piping and intercooler mounts
full exhaust

TO DO:

fuel pump ( making my own swirl pot for spare wheel well, open to suggestions)
paint facelift
self tune ECU
rear end solid mounts (purchased)
passenger side custom poly mount conversion (purchased)
vanos upgrade

FUTURE:
6spd AWD transmission swap
auto climate control install (purchased)
double din dash install
repair A pillars
rear heated seats (purchased)
custom headliner
custom metal skid plate

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What turbo and boost levels will you be running?
CXracing GT35 tuned to 12 daily running 10psi should net about what I am looking for in power numbers, since a Garrett Gt35 is 1400 and I still need to paint the car the CXracing turbo should hold up the year or so I need to save to get that turbo.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
****QUICK UPDATE****

I am holding off on the CXRacing gear till the end of December when they are having a sale.

My K+Dcan has arrived and is modified I am planning on re-flashing my ECU this weekend with the 330 information

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Update

Thank you for the support! I have put my order in for the rest of the charge pipe and the intercooler bits. now I am just sorted out which injectors I wanna get and waiting for the CXracing sale to kick of to save a little coin on the kit hopefully.

currently I have been tiG welding the new intake manifold in my spare time. N. Florida sucks for aluminum so I am having to order in almost everything (even steel is cheaper online, Thanks Speedmetals.com and McMaster Carr)

for reference that rubber grommet is a FORD PCV valve fits the F pipe real nice like

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
January Update

Today the CX racing manifold arrives! an enthusiastic unboxing results.

I was a little dismayed with the state of the box when it arrived, but everything was there and accounted for and in good condition. the most important parts where double boxed really nice.

came with more than listed on the page, however some components will not work or changed out. I decided to use my old turbosmart waste gate and HKS SSQV (I like the sound) in place of the complete kit from Cxracing. also it has been a year and I need to work on my welding.

painting however is no problem and I got some header paint on the manifold all nice just to help "clean" the engine bay up.

other updates all the heat shielding has arrived as well as the plasti-dip I am planning on using until I can save up for the front end to be color matched to the back. tuning software should arrive later next week. if anyone has a 330 turbo base map tune, Id love to talk to you!

Night

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Congrats, I wish your project well.

If you haven't talked with "Daniel F" or "Hobbit382", it's time to do that.

Rob43

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congrats, I wish your project well.

If you haven't talked with "Daniel F" or "Hobbit382", it's time to do that.

Rob43

I briefly spoke with DanielF 3 weeks ago however I have learned a lot more since then, so once I get my laptop setup and get closer to tuning I will for sure be talking to them again.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Good.

What are you doing about your suspension ? And are you really going for a Stanced/Slammed look, or could I convince you to run it a bit higher to yield better handling.

Rob43

1 - 20 of 149 Posts