E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get my 2004 325XI back in running condition, its been sitting in the yard for almost 3 years (been started and moved a couple times.) I believe it has somewhere around 220k on it.
I stopped driving it because of the classic vibrations of unknown origin (I've got a contingency plan to figure it out once its running) but things happened and I got busy blah blah.

Could some kind soul point me to a prioritized list of things I need to do after it sat for so long?
I've got a fresh battery to put in, oil and filter ready, but when it comes to all the other fluids, I'm not quite as confident in my google knowledge. What do I need to do for the fuel? My old man says a bit of sea-foam and a fresh fill up would work, "but I've been wrong once before" as he says...
Also, should I pull/push/winch it into my garage before I start working on it, or is it okay to get it started and limp it in?

Gotta vacuum out the mouse house in the engine... thatll be fun.
I know nothing about brake fluid / antifreeze / 02 sensors etc..
I replaced the Valve cover gasket when I bought it so hopefully I won't have too much oil leakage

Should I just bite all the bullets at once and bring it to my "local BMW dealer" thats 300 miles away? (At some point I need to do that anyways, never got the airbag recall fixed)
Or should I try to find some kind of european car expert closer to me?

Any and all help is appreciated!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Search and read up on the existing threads on here where folks revived a sitting car. No need to rehash this over and over when you can easily find it yourself.
Then ask specific questions.
Thats actually what I meant when I said "point me" to what I need to do, I don't know how to navigate the forum all that well yet. I probably couldve left out my ramble and just asked for a link lol. I scrolled through 10 pages of the most recent posts. Don't really know what to search for but I'll give it a try.
Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you! I should be able to get most of what I need out of this thread 👍
I won't say no to any extra suggested posts though :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts