E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new on this forum but have been upgrading the interior of my e46 Compact as part of an entire overhaul. Does anyone know if the compact interior is interchangeable with the coupe or M3 models? I’ve removed grey interior and have fitted black carpets and black M3 dash, plus a new clean shorter centre console. The Coupe door cards look really good and I’m wondering if they’ll fit?

· Premium Member
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
12,225 Posts
We never had the compact here in the states. Only on the E36 chassis. I converted several to M3 spec with suspension/brakes/driveline.

Looking up part numbers becomes problematic owing to BMW's penchant for issuing a different number for even the slightest of change. Albeit a good place to start.
As to the earlier compact the entire interior was different from any; be it the sedan, cabriolet or coupe.

Perhaps someone here knows more about the inter-changeability of parts for the E46 compact/sedan. I doubt there's more than a dozen or so here?

Insofar as the door cards etc, you might start looking at the ETK in group 41 (body) with two tabs open. One for your car and the other for a coupe, sedan or M3. If things like the door or door skin are the same, there's a fair chance that the cards will fit. Going deeper onto the door cards themselves likely would not bear fruit. You've got to get a couple of layers out.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your suggestions. Interesting that you fitted several e36 compacts to m3 spec. I’ve seen the an m3 v10 swapped into the e46 compact along with gearbox and brakes etc, which is phase 2 of my planned project.. I’ll check out physical door part numbers etc to see what matches up 👍

· Premium Member
2001 330Ci Sport, 5 spd
350 Posts
I had one of the last E46 318ti cars when I lived in Germany 12 years ago. I loved the car and looked at every possible way to import it to the US but decided against because the emissions certification was going to be half the value of the car. It would run 135 on the Autobahn all day...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.