E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm in search for a SC.

I currently have a completely stock 5 speed 2000 325i and would like something to make it feel like I'm not driving a lead sled:banghead:

Goal is to have 300+ hp and keep it looking like a sleeper

Please let me know what you have with pictures, price, and location.

PM me on here or send a text 302-690-9133

·
Registered
417 Posts
is your car automatic or manual? I personally would suggest smaller items like exhaust and a tune first.. you'd be surprised what a proper remap can do. Have felt awesome gains from a tune first-hand.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
You won't get 300hp from a 325i. At least not for long, and not without spending $6000+.

I'd like to see you do an LS1 swap. That would sure as sh*t give you the power.

But souping a 2.5L up, what with its cast not forged crankshaft, etc. Seems like a total waste. It's great for what it is, but you should pull the engine and sell it if you think it's slow. Mine's anything but slow, however I realize not everyone has theirs running in tip top shape like I do.

Suspension renovation will make it feel like you added about 10-15hp. Really.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So what recommendations do you have?

Haven't heard of anything really good with the upgraded injectors.

Opinions on tune?

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
You need headers, eurotune, full 3" exhaust, forced induction. And you need the good stuff not the cheap stuff. All the accessory items as well, snorkel-type intake, etc. Really all that crap will run you into the poorhouse and just make your car less reliable.

And then, you can't just stop at souping the engine up. The subframe areas at the trunk floor are weak and fatigue easy with stock torque. With more torque be ready to fix those. $$$$$ Then you need a limited slip diff, because running all that power in a BMW with an open diff is just lame. $$$$$$ :hi:

Shocks & struts. What can we recommend here. Don't buy cheap Raceland coilovers because that's just lame. You want a good setup. $$$$$$

Truthfully though I have no idea who you are, you don't seem like you have the scrilla for this in earnest. It's a headache on top of all the expense. It's a youthful idealist kind of fantasy that you're gonna mod the hell out of this little car and it's going to go all lightspeed afterwards but if you go through with it and get into it you are probably going to regret the decision. And you're going to run out of money very quickly, drop the project, and have a halfmodded car that's unpleasant to live with and you can't sell without taking a cold bath on it. My opinion is modding the car is poor judgement, but common with young people.

Fix the car's issues with Genuine BMW parts, do some paint correction maybe steam clean the seats & leather condition them. Make it very attractive to the next owner.

Then buy a go-fast car that already goes fast. Much much less hassle. Spend your free time chasing *ss. Advice from a Gen Xer.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
So I'm in search for a SC.

I currently have a completely stock 5 speed 2000 325i and would like something to make it feel like I'm not driving a lead sled:banghead:

Goal is to have 300+ hp and keep it looking like a sleeper

Please let me know what you have with pictures, price, and location.

PM me on here or send a text 302-690-9133
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v4h7yavobI :thumbup:

·
Registered
166 Posts
You won't get 300hp from a 325i. At least not for long, and not without spending $6000+.

I'd like to see you do an LS1 swap. That would sure as sh*t give you the power.

But souping a 2.5L up, what with its cast not forged crankshaft, etc. Seems like a total waste. It's great for what it is, but you should pull the engine and sell it if you think it's slow. Mine's anything but slow, however I realize not everyone has theirs running in tip top shape like I do.

Suspension renovation will make it feel like you added about 10-15hp. Really.
Really? So my AA s/c that makes that was a bad idea?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Really? So my AA s/c that makes that was a bad idea?
I think he was just saying that the 2.5L isn't the best platform to boost, and he wouldnt drop 6k plus for a SC on it.. cant blame his thought process, car is only worth half that.
But it is easy to find 2.8 and 3.0 engines for cheap now since our cars just keep getting older. So if you have money to burn and really like your car, one can always upgrade later on.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Well, I know a bit about building sleepers (see the link in signature) but I don't know how to do on tight budget.

It's gonna cost some money but you can get a supercharger for the 2.5 and move it to a 3.0 later.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts