BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was drivin' a 2004 325Ci just now on the highway.....very nice car btw! and I passed by an integra with a fart can exhaust, I slowed down cuz there was a car in front of me and he pulled up next to me and I think was signaling to race cuz then he just took off.....I didn't race him though, cuz when I got up to him we were doin 90-100 and my exit was commin up, and also I didn't wanna risk crashing or ne thing cuz seriously, I know i drive really fast sometimes, but I didn't wanna risk ne thing while racing him.....should I have taken him? would I have won?? I really don't know how fast those cars are....so just askin! :dunno:

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if ur talkin about the integra model....i donno, cuz I don't really know ne thing about them...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm pretty sure that you wouldnt have a problem with an integra, even if it was a gsr. Is your 325ci a 5spd? or step? ..... was his integra auto?? or was it stick? .. either way.. I dont think that integ has much torque, so from the speeds you were talkin, I would defintely give the nod to the 325.

·
Registered
596 Posts
a gsr or type R would take you. i know this as i have seen it first hand. unless of course you had a secret s/c

·
Lying, drunken cheat
4,376 Posts
My rule of thumb (on cars I'm not really sure about)...
Fart can exhaust = slow. :lmao:

I'm sure like any rule, there's an exception out there...but I've yet to find one. Most of the fast Integras etc that I've seen are usually stock/sleeper in appearance.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Depends on the mods...

but, you probably did the right thing about not trying to race him at 90-100. Never know when granny is going to change lanes right in your path.

·
Registered
421 Posts
gsr and the 2.5 litre and neck and neck. not sure once you hit 100 since it is around 500 lbs lighter.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I've kept up with a Type R before. He had a passenger, stick, vtech controller, and headers (according to my ears). I didn't have a passenger and I have exhaust, intake, pulleys....but I think i could have done better because honestly, I need more practice on my shifting. if stock vs stock....I think the type R might win by a little?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Crazy... that sounds about right. If I remember the 0-60 from C&D on the Type R it was like 6.6 seconds, where the manual 325i was 7.0. Close enough where driver will probably be the deciding factor.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
don't know if a type r could burn a 325 or not... before my bimmer i had a gsr motor dropped in my civic coupe... it was roughly about the same speed as gsr(it wasn't a hatch).. maybe a little faster ... not all that great though... i'm pretty sure i could beat my old car with the car i have now... i've spanked vtec preludes with my 328...

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
The Integra will take the 325i by a slight margin IF he knows howto take off. (traction trouble) but above 60 the integra suffers. 325 says bye bye and takes off.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ah, learned a lot from this thread...and I don't even have the 325Ci ne more, I returned it yesterday and got my baby back! god i love this car....

·
Registered
560 Posts
My friend has a type r and I'm sorry to say but they'll beat us. I haven't raced him yet but just looking at the numbers, they'll take us by about a car or so. Next time I see him we'll go out for a run and see what's up.

I think we're about the same with a gsr.

·
Registered
194 Posts
ill tell you right now that my stock GSR ran a 14.7 in the 1/4 mile, and was DEFINATELY faster then my 2000 323i and my friends 325's and 328's no doubt about it. if the guy knew how to drive (stick, the gsr's and type-r's only came in stick) and it was a GSR or type-r, he woulda probably took you easily. not too many people understand how fast integra GSR's are. they are 170 hp 1.8liter BEASTS that are 2600lbs and geared to go fast. the most stolen car in new jersey quanity wise is a 1995 integra GSR (my old car which unfortunately got stolen :sad: ) and it is like that because everyone wants that motor to put in their civic/hatchbacks. people with that combo can easily run 11-12's in the 1/4 mile all motor without too much effort.

then again, there arent too many GSR's around because they are stolen/stripped/totaled too often. here in jersey ive only really seen maybe 5 GSR's around my area, and only a few type-r's because i used to goto the honda/acura meets.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts