BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just out of curiosity,

if i had a 325ci steptronic with a gruppe m with a chip and exhuast will it be able to beat a 330ci stock steptroinic?

close match? big loss? big win?

thanks,
edwin

·
it's pronounce "Q's beemer"
1,181 Posts
probably not.... lsd, would definately help...

Q

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,330 Posts
Good luck because I dont think you'll be able to keep up with the 330. I've got the mods listed in my sig on my 325Ci 5-speed, and it still can't even come close to keeping up with my cousin's 04 330Ci 6-speed.

·
I'm not a bum, I'm a nomad
994 Posts
Dont think it would be close, sorry. The mods you mentioned might give you 10-15 more HP (more likely 10) not the 25-40 you need to keep up.

·
Registered
337 Posts
u can do a differential swap (LSD would be nice) and then u might be able to beat a 330 from 0-60, but above 100, it's probably not gonna be close.

·
Lying, drunken cheat
4,376 Posts
It's really difficult to get anywhere with an auto 325 to begin with. The car (IIRC) runs well over 16 seconds in the 1/4 and takes around 8 or so to get to 60. The manual version of the car runs low 15's and does 0-60 in about 7, and even then still loses to 330 auto's in most cases.

If I were you, I would ignore the engine (unless you do forced induction) and put money into looks and suspension and then challenge the 330's where you have a fair match against them...handling. :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts